Friday, March 22, 2024

The Streets We Walk

 


The streets we walk on each day,

Have no sidewalks or shoulders, on the curbs we stay.

Mama thought you would like to see what we see

Since none you are here to see Mama and Me.


In a perfect world, I could run freely up and down these streets,
without being leashed to one of my peeps.
That is not gonna happen, but here I be,
running wild and free.
Thanks to Mama for using Picmonkey to make my dream come true,
also, I wanted to show me to you.


we are Joining Rosy and Sunny for Nature Friday,
Monday morning a possum ran across in front of us he was boot scootin boogie so fast we got no photo. I do get to stop and take deep whiffs of garbage cans.
Mama said to tell you that 2 blocks of our walks, do have sidewalks.. But we can't get there from here unless we walk in the street.


14 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

You live in a beautiful neighborhood!!

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

There doesn't seem to be much traffic, so it looks safe enough for you to walk around. Too bad about the leash, though!

Woofs,
Ollie

eileeninmd said...

Hello Beau,
You live on a beautiful street. I love the big tall trees.
It is good you are not running free in the street.
HUGS, have a happy day!

Ann said...

You have a nice looking neighborhood. Is there more traffic there later in the day?
We have sidewalks here but I still see people walking in the street.

WFT Nobby said...

Oooh a possum. How exciting is that!
I saw a fox when I was on my pre-bedtime walk round the block last night. It's too bad that I was on my lead, even though almost all our streets do have sidewalks.
Toodle-oo!
Nobby.

Rose said...

It looks like a pleasant place to walk. In this neighborhood there is a group of people...retired I think...who get together every morn and walk their dogs. some on the sidewalks and some in the streets. And a lot of people have dogs.

My Mind's Eye said...

Beau after you recent bout with tummy troubles I am so happy you and mama are able to get out on your lovely walks and sniffs Hugs Cecilia

Millie and Walter said...

What a lovely neighborhood you live in, Beau.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That does make it different without sidewalks. I noticed that the garbage cans are up on the curb. You don't put them on the street?

Brian's Home Blog said...

It's nice to see where you walk sweet Beau but don't do any dumpster diving!

Mevely317 said...

Now I see what YOU see! Pretty street for sure.
This makes me remember my childhood times playing ball in the middle of the street until someone would yell, "Car!". Good times.

CheerfulMonk said...

It's a beautiful neighborhood and I'm glad it's safe in spite of no sidewalks.

lexitheschnauzer said...

At least it's a wide, quiet street. We don't have any sidewalks at all in our neighborhood, so we always have to walk on the street, in our harnesses and leashes. Our neighborhood has only one way in and one way out. Mom calls it a cul-de-sac. So it's only local people driving around and waving at us. Your friends, Xena, Riley, Lucy and Chia

DeniseinVA said...

That sure is a beautiful place to walk.