Tuesday, June 18, 2024

Monday Walk w/Mama

 

Sunday Night we had a phenomenal Four Inches of Rain in 45 minutes. We have never heard a sound like this storm. Mama said it sounded like God was standing at the top of the stairs to heaven, tossing 10 bolts of lightning from his left hand and Concrete bowling balls from the right hand, rolling them down the stairs. Everyone said they have never heard the noise like this.. It was 98 when we went to bed, and Mama woke up and flew out of bed and was running from window to window peering out. I came out of the closet and as she bent to see better I  came up behind her and shook really hard and she startled so hard her feet left the carpet and she nearly fell out into the storm... 

Look what the rain ahs done to the orange hibiscus and at the end are a couple of videos of us walking Monday morning. most of it is my butt shot, but you can see the neon green the grass turned over night 




Mama says we have to LOOMING Storms, one in the Gulf and one in the Atlantic, THEY are watching and THEY say this summer is going to be Record Breaking BAD Weather and that FEMA is already out of money to help people. The Bad stuff is hitting the USA from all directions. not just here






18 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

You both must have been scared silly. Yes, the weather this year looks really bad.

CheerfulMonk said...

Fingers crossed for us all! I've been reading about the extra-active hurricane season too. Here the big danger is still wildfires.

WFT Nobby said...

That sounds terrifying. We're so pleased you all are safe, and loved seeing the videos of Beau out for a walk. Gail says she never realised before she travelled outside the UK that in some countries the grass normally goes brown in the summer. Here it is almost always green.
Toodle-oo!
Nobby.

easyweimaraner said...

we are glad the evil storm is over and you are ok... sorry for your beautiful hibiskus... we have one storm chaser here, the phenny... he has the window place and is happy like a pig in the mud... we have some doubts about this guy sometimes...

Ann said...

That must have been some storm with all the noise. It sure did make that grass green and the hibiscus is happy.

Rose said...

I have to remember to see you walking after we are officially up!

eileeninmd said...

The rain is welcome but those storms sounds terrible.
Beau, I am sure the loud noise was very scary for you.
HUGS, have a happy day!

Rose said...

Beau, you have such a cute butt!

Brian's Home Blog said...

WOW, that was quite the big bunch of rain sweet Beau. I did see that the Gulf is getting active already so it is time to be on alert.

Millie and Walter said...

That's a great description of what the storm looked and sounded like, Beau. We're sorry it scared you and hope you don't get any more noisy rain like that again just the quiet kind.

Tigger's Mum said...

Well I hope all this rain is refilling the aquifers and restoring water levels in the everglades and stuff like that (there has to be some kind of a bright side). Glad to note that you are still above the high tide mark in Bradenton and still getting out for walks. Nice shots of your butt Beau!😂

Sandee said...

I hate horrible storms like that. I was scared for all of you just reading this.

Have a woof woof day and week, Beau. My best to your wonderful mom. ♥

Ojo said...

Hi hi hi! Ojo here! That is a Very Big Storm! Stay safe, friends! (Also, butts are lovely!)

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

Although the green is beautiful, and we are glad you got some rain...we sure hope the weather peeps are wrong about all the bad weather!
xoxo,
Rosy & Sunny

Mevely317 said...

There you were, just a walkin' down the street singing do-wop diddy diddy dum diddy do!
Looking good, my man!

Tell momma, hers is an awesome description of what the storm sounded like. I can almost visualize Him doing that.

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

That sounds like a terrifying storm. Stay safe and dry, maybe consider moving:). We hope the weather babblers are very wrong with their predictions for you.

Woos - Misty and Timber

lexitheschnauzer said...

That sounds like one scary storm. I, Chia, am not afraid of storms. While everyone else here cowers and hides, I laugh and stand tall.

I shake and tremor and look for my Mommy or Daddy to hold me and protect me and give me CBD oil and take me to the downstairs area where I can't see the lightening or hear the booms as loud. *shiver* Xena

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Wow, that was a bad storm you had. Sorry you scared Mama and I'm glad she didn't fall. I don't like that fact that it is going to be record breaking bad weather this year. I liked seeing you in the videos.