Sunday, June 16, 2024

Beau, AKA The Blocker

 


A few weeks ago Mama moved the rocker that used to sit where my head is, into the bedroom because It hard for humans  to step over me. I found this way to block. Mama is agile enough to side step past me, Daddy is not.


Since she got Otto-man Jr, I was still blocking the way by laying between the ottomans, so she moved Jr up against the wall.  Look at all that space, Mama said now you don't have to step over or around him. Plenty of space..

AHA! He is totally blocked, AGAIN! Daddy is really unsteady on his feet and Mama fusses at him for trying to side step me. Mama says in her I MEAN IT Voice, Up Beau and I do. Daddy will not say that, he says OTHER WORDS...Mama is worried Daddy will fall on me and crush me and hurt himself..
I think you should take this opportunity to admire how handsome I am will blocking the path because today is the day to PET DAD and I am waiting to pet dad OR be petted by Dad or maybe to follow him in the kitchen in case their is FOOD


16 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Beau, you do look very pretty blocking there. Hmmm, trying to think of a solution!!

CheerfulMonk said...

Please be nice to your dad, and also keep yourself safe! We don't want anything to happen to either of you. You do look comfy in those pictures, though. ❤️

Ann said...

Good boy listening to your mom. We wouldn't want your daddy tripping on you and hurting you or himself.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
... what Cheerful said 😊🙏❤️ hugs and wags YAM-aunty xxx

Rose said...

Beau, you sure are a handsome fellow...

eileeninmd said...

Pet Dad's are special! I always love seeing photos of you Beau!
I hope your Dad is careful walking around you!
HUGS, have a happy day!

Millie and Walter said...

You do a good job of becoming a road block no matter what furniture your mom moves, Beau. We wish your dad a Happy Father's Day.

My Mind's Eye said...

Beau do you require a magic pass word from passer bys?
Hugs cecilia

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

You are handsome wherever you are and whatever you do, Beau!

Does your Dad use a cane, Beau? When #1 was unsteady on her feet for one reason or another, she always used a cane.

Woofs,
Ollie

Kten said...

Being in the way is part of a dog's job! Rude of her to take it from you! Lee and Phod

Mevely317 said...

Every day is Pet Dad around these parts! But ya, while in the kitchen we've both come close to tripping over one or both.

Marvelous Marv said...

Beau, you and Cinnamon could have a BLOCK Party! She is good at moving into the spaces that our Mom opens up too! And now we have Dolly...So far she is not a blocker.
Happy Father's Day to your Pop! Purrs Marvelous Marv

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

We have the same problem here. Misty has a preferred spot on the hardwood right by the gate to the rest of the house. Mom has the same worry about our Dad falling so she is always having to get Misty to move or else just slide her on the floor. Speedbumps.

Happy Father's Day to your Pet Dad!
Woos - Misty and Timber

Brian's Home Blog said...

You're a good boy Beau! Happy Father's Day to all the wonderful Dads everywhere!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Beau, I understand why Mama moved those items. I also understand you wanting to lay near Daddy but you do need to move. You certainly wouldn't want Daddy to fall.

lexitheschnauzer said...

We hope your Daddy had a good Father's Day, Beau, and that he didn't trip or fall over you. We know you just want to be close to him, right? Maybe lay on the couch with him where he won't fall on/over you. (I love my Daddy lots, too.) XOX Xena and my pack