Sunday, April 21, 2024

I WAS a Good Boy!

 


I was a good boy until about 8 weeks ago. I never did anything bad. I was perfect. My Mama said so. 
She has to follow me around now and pick up my own poop because I poop it and eat it if she is not near by. She noticed while I was eating grass, the photo above and below, see how I dipped my head? and I dug a little with my nose, and SHE jumped into my face and there it was.
A single hard as a rock poop and I had already eaten one, chewing it like candy.


See the poop below? the most she finds is 1 or 2 of them. never a pile. She had fun trying to ID the poop, it came down to raccoon or possum. this is possum.
I think I heard her mumbling about its only two miles to the shelter I came from. 
Maybe not. She does love me a lot.
MAMA here. the problem is we go out in the dark and I can't see the poop, Also I think the Possum buries it, he digs it up.

Guess what? Daddy said he just caught me licking duck splat from the pool deck.
If I disapear you will know WHY 
Since this is Selfie Sunday this will have to do.... or maybe I should say DO DO! ha ha ha

15 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Oh my GOSH!!! No Beau, no!! Have Mama ask the vet about this. Maybe there is something she could add to your diet or some kind of trick.

CheerfulMonk said...

We love you, Beau! I hope your folks figure out what to do.

WFT Nobby said...

While Gail extends her sympathies to your poor Mama as she tries to work out what to do about this latest 'issue', I am all agog to know what possum poop tastes like, and is it better than raccoon?
Toodle-oo!
Nobby.

Ann said...

A nasty habit for sure. I had a dog who would stop at nothing to get into the litter box. I started hiding the box behind a heavy chair and he would move the chair out of the way to get to it. YUCK

Millie and Walter said...

We can certainly understand your obsession, Beau. Our yard is often a place where we can find bunny poop and eat it as fast as we can before our parents find it and pick it up.

Erin the Cat Princess said...

You do want to stop that habit, Beau. But it is very hard when I'm told it tastes so yummy. Being good is soo hard, believe me; a mouse tail here and a leg there, and I get into so much trouble!😉
ERin

My Mind's Eye said...

Oh Beau you need to un learn that behavior.
I wish the opossums would not visit your yard
Hugs Cecilia

Brian's Home Blog said...

Oh Beau, you need to skip the Doo Doo Buffet, you really Doo Doo!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Deary me Beau... I suspect the possums have laid a trap and you may have fallen into it... do try to avoid them, won't you? Hugs and wags YAM-aunty xxx

Mevely317 said...

Maybe your vet can give momma some of the green powder that Caraleigh was prescribed?
I'm thinking yours is probably an addiction -- not unlike how I used to be about cigarettes. I KNEW it was no good for me, but that didn't mean I didn't want it.

Kten said...

We have never had possum poop, ok, maybe Lee had it once when Grammie and the Big Guy lived at the lake and she chased a possum. We are sure it is wonderful. Welcome to the poop eating club! Lee and Phod, proud poop eaters

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Beau, you can't be eating poop.
I'm sorry to hear this.

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Seems like we have had a dog or two with bad poop eating habits. Not much that works to stop it, but it seems to stop after a bit. Hang in there and just hope it doesn't make him sick.

Woos - Misty and Timber

Rose said...

I am speechless..

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

Dunno, Beau... Don't we remember episodes some time back with you eating avocados and getting sick?

Woofs,
Ollie