Monday, May 22, 2023

Happy Victoria Day Canada


To all our Canandian Friends, Have a wonderful holiday!
Happy Victoria Day

We found this about Victoria Day on the big WWW

When Queen Elizabeth II ascended to the throne in 1952, Victoria Day became her official birthday in Canada – even though her actual birthday is April 21. The day unofficially signals the start of summer for many Canadians, and it is celebrated with parades and fireworks in some cities.
 Some Canadians get the day off from work. 
The birds planted a Powder puff bush seed, and it only about 20 inches tall and has these few flowers.

Mama says they remind her of Fireworks!


this comment from Auntie Yam yesterday, Hari OM
Is park day also bark day? Jus' wonderin'... and yup, I totally believe your mum is a critter charmer! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

I don't bark except at mailman, a knock on the door gets 3 sharp welcome barks, Lucy in her back yard gets 2 barks. That is It. I have never barked while riding in car, in the park or on my morning walks with Mama. Daddy says he has never heard me bark while away from home.



16 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Wow Beau! You have a special different bark for each person!!! And what could be a better photo than Beau with the Powder Puff?

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
Oh that was an informative post... Both for Canada and Beau lovers! Angel Jade did bark at black dogs but never at people or other pets... However, when we got to the park there was always the "I am here to play!!!" arrival announcement 🤣 hugs and wags YAM-aunty xxx

CheerfulMonk said...

That powder puff is beautiful, and I especially like that last photo.

WFT Nobby said...

Beau, you are a very well-mannered dog, that is clear. I too am not much of a barker, despite my breed's reputation for 'yappiness'. Gail says thank you for reminding her of one area where I am in general well behaved. (I am always silent as a mouse in the car).
Toodle-oo!
Nobby.

easyweimaraner said...

we wisch all our canadian friends a happy victoria day... with nanaimo bars and lots of tasty food...

eileeninmd said...

Hello Beau,
Nice wishes for our Canadian friends. You are such a good dog, so well behaved. Love the images. HUGS, have a happy day!

Ann said...

Gibbs needs to take lessons from you about barking. He barks at anything and everything. He goes crazy when he hears a doorbell on tv.

Zoolatry said...

I'm am a cat, but I will "BARK" to you, cause you're my beau-buddy!

And to all our wonderful friends to the north, MEOWS, Happy Victoria Day!

Millie and Walter said...

That flower does look like fireworks. We wish all fireworks were as silent as a flower. We bark a lot more than you do, Beau, but we also don't bark when we are away from home either.

My Mind's Eye said...

Morning Beautiful Beau!
I like all the red today
Hugs Cecilia

Sandee said...

Well done, Mom and Beau. Happy Canada Day.

Our angel Little Bit wouldn't bark while out either. Even if other pups were barking at her. She was such a good pup.

Have a woof woof day and week, Beau. My best to your mom. ♥

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

Happy Victoria Day!!
We think those flowers are much prettier than any firework 😊
xoxo,
Rosy & Sunny

Chatty Crone said...

Those flowers look like fireworks - gorgeous.

Mevely317 said...

Happy Victoria Day, Beau!
That's a gorgeous burst of red. Matter of fact, I've a picture somewhere of wildflowers my DIL picked that she said were called Fireworks.

Brian's Home Blog said...

Happy Victoria Day to all of our Canadian pals!

lexitheschnauzer said...

We hope all our Canadian friends had a good holiday and start to summer. Thanks for the info on it, did not know that. Beau, you and Lucy are so much alike! XOX Amy