Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Mottled Duck part 3


I was outside with daddy, watching him clean the pool.
Mama was inside playing with duck photos.
She heard Daddy yell in the door, Samar, come help. me.
She almost hurt herself rushing down the hall thinking he had hurt himself.
I meandered around the pool, Daddy Said that dog is useless, help me get the duck out of the pool.
Note this is day 4 of ducks in the pool, so WHAT IS THE BIG DEAL?
Mama has shooing the ducks down pat.
I had no idea ducks wear shoes, did  you?

She hisses like a goose, shhhhhh shhhhhhh and they waddle fast, she waddled with the duck and put him out the gate.
then she fussed at Daddy for saying I am useless because I will not help him herd the ducks.
She said you know he is not aggressive, and I want to keep him that way.
Leave him alone and call me, I will move the ducks.
MAMA CAN GET AGRESSIVE, mostly at Daddy

Word of the Day email was hackles.

If you are a dog owner, you will know that almost all dogs have
 


I do not, of if I do, they have never seen them. 
Daddy and I were sleeping, Mama was reading in bed, it was after 8 pm and suddenly 5 loud knockes on the front door.
I did not bark, did not go to the door, I was in my condo/closet
She told Daddy, while she was peering out the window at 2 men standing on the porch, and watching them walk away and down the street, I came down the hall with my eyes half closed, watching her watching and sending her my thoughts.
I said Mama, did someone come inside to pet me?
She said It's Ok Beau go back to bed, and burst out laughing when I turned and went back to my condo.
It is no my fault I don't do hackles, not even when Daddy was walking me cause Mama was dizzy and she heard him Say NO really loud, jumped to the window almost falling down and the Mama Pit Bull, Lucy, had pulled her head out of collar and run up to Daddy and me, and we were having a stare down,
It ended well, no one panicked Willie, the owner lassoed Lucy and
all ended well. 
that is because I do not do hackles, but she did.
Mama is thankful I am a good boy.

19 comments:

easyweimaraner said...

we have that hackles too... we look like a bottle brush when we are in a state... and da phenny looks even more scary he is a longhair carrier with super thick fur....

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Yeah, it is good you don't do hackles when there are loose Pitties on the go, Beau! Those darn ducks, though... hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

eileeninmd said...

Hello Beau,

You are such a good dog, nothing gets your hackles up. I would be nervous with a pit bull on the loose. HUGS, have a happy day!

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

No worries, Beau. I don't do hackles either. I have luxuriant, silky, curly furs instead!

Woofs,
Ollie

My Mind's Eye said...

Beau we do not answer the door after after dark. And when we do answer the door we only answer once Bryan has peeped out the peep hole?! Why Bryan well years ago,(while I was still working) I requested a peep hole when we were having a new door installed. I am 5'3" always have been. They placed so that the top of my head is level with the hole. When I saw it I said you know I can't see out of this right and I was the one who wanted it. I asked why it was so high, the answer was the two tall men 'decided' where to put the peep hole that was, to them aesthetically pleasing. From that day forward Bryan was the official peeper.
Hugs Cecilia

MadSnapper said...

We are happy to know this because we love gentle and friendly pups

Millie and Walter said...

You sure are a good boy when it comes to those ducks, Beau. Around here we've been having problems with rabbits inside our fenced yard. Walter and Millie have both learned not to chase after them and instead let mom or dad chase it out of the yard.

Mevely317 said...

You are an ah-MAZING Good Boy, Beau!
I don't think our pups have hackles, but Grace's shrill bark could give a bowling ball a headache.

Now, inquiring minds NEED to know just who those two men were knocking on your door -- and what they wanted. I don't suspect they wanted their ducks back, but you never know!

Rose said...

You are such a good boy! No hackles is a good thing in my opinion.

Tigger's Mum said...

Watching the humans herd the ducks must be a lot more fun than having to herd them yourself. I imagine it is like herding the pigeons in our backyard - they have such small brains they forget that they are being herded and go sideways when they spot another bit of food. I do fat tail instead of hackles, and the crow in our yard fluffs up his head feathers so that he looks like he has had a buzz cut (so we called him that Buzzcut the Crow.) Sometimes fat tail is just for fun and I run about like crazy - don't you ever do crazy Beau? paw smacks Mr T

The Happy Whisk said...

Sorry to read the dizzies are still there. Low blood sugar? Whatever it is, I hope it passes for you soon.

Ducks, dang, still there? Wow, wow.

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

Those silly ducks!!!

Mama says she has never seen my hackles...BUT Sunny definitely has hackles!

xoxo,
Rosy and Sunny

Ginny Hartzler said...

You are so sweet, Beau. what is WITH those ducks! They must think you have the perfect home for them. I get scared if someone comes to the door after 8:00 P.M.! Are you curious as to who it was??

Sandee said...

I get my hackles up from time to time too, Beau. You're so handsome.

Have a woof woof day, Beau. My best to your mom. ♥

WFT Nobby said...

Hi Beau,
How we would all love to see a video of your Mama shooing the ducks out of the pool.
Toodle-oo!
Nobby.

Ann said...

Good for you Beau. You are such a good boy

Brian's Home Blog said...

You were doing the important Beau things Beau and that's as it should be. You're the kindest pup ever!

CheerfulMonk said...

Yes, you are such a good boy! Good for you for not messing with the ducks or other dogs. ❤️

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Beau is such a good dog. Again, WOW, so much going on at your house. Hope things quiet down for you.