Monday, August 29, 2022

Thunderbolt Beau Weekend Report

 


Saturday AM Mama came home from shopping and ran to the laptop and pulled up the radar and said to Daddy and me, "looks like thunderstorms offshore, we might not be able to walk"
The sun was up, and I thought she was crazy, so did daddy. 
She was right, she quick hooked me up and we raced out the door and got 1/2 block from home and BOOM, Boom Boom, we made a mad dash back to the house and Daddy said that was quick.
Her answer was, if you were walking him, you would not know the lighting was there because you can't hear it and with the sun shining can't see it either.


this is what she saw on the radars when she checked again.
Our storms come quickly, one moment nothing and the next BOOM. all those withe things are BOLTS of lightning. Only 3 miles away and they can travel more than 40 miles.


these are tales of terror in Florida just this year.
This house was struck on Aug 18th, just 40 miles from us.
A college student was struck in her chest while walking to classes on the first day of her freshman year at college. 
https://www.insider.com/lightning-struck-college-student-on-her-first-day-of-class-2022-8


This simply means MAMA DOES NOT WALK IF LIGHTNING IS SEEN BLINKING ON HER PHONE RADAR.
the man on Tv said 1/3 of lightning strikes hit the INSIDE of a house to stay away from windows, metal and water in the house and that MEN are more likely to be struck by lightning that women. Daddy said, see i told you I would take him, and mama said the man also said Men are struck more because they don't LISTEN...  MAMA says If she dies by lightning you will know it is MURDER because she LISTENS to the TV Man. 

On NO WE DID NOT on Saturday Morning
Same thing happened on Sunday BUTT she took me for a ride and when we got home a short walk
Even our Space Launch in Florida was hit THREE TIMES by lightning on the same Saturday we did not walk... here is That Story of Artemis Launch, the one that plans on going to the Moon.

22 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I think Florida is the lightening capitol of America. You are right about why men are struck more than women. Plus, they don't CARE, and aren't as scared a women. The Artemis article was very interesting, I had no idea it had been struck, let alone THREE times! Did you know you can be struck by lightening that is up to 10 miles away? If you can hear thunder, you can be struck.

Tigger's Mum said...

Dear Beau, that all sounds a bit close for comfort. Tell you Mum to get you a Faraday cage to protect you. Paw smacks Mr T

WFT Nobby said...

Wow Beau, I had no idea that lightning was so scary and dangerous. I am mighty relieved that we almost never see it (even on the radar) in Northern Scotland, and so it is NEVER a reason for not going on walks.
Stay safe dear chap.
Toodle-oo!
Nobby.

CheerfulMonk said...

Your mom is so smart! I'm sorry you get so much lightning.

easyweimaraner said...

we follow that advice too.... no walk if the heaven has a firework.... :O)

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Oooohh, I remember such boomeries from my OZ years, but like Nobby, I have found that the Bonny Land tends to be free of such. Your mum is very sensible... hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Beau,

Your mama is right to hold off the walk. It is safer to stay inside during a thunderstorm. The lightning is scary. HUGS, have a happy day!

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

Wow! That sounds pretty terrifying, Beau! We think you Mom is a wise woman.

Woofs,
Olie

Ann said...

Wow, I don't think I've ever heard of anyone around here getting struck by lightning. Of course we don't get it nearly as often here either. Your mom is smart to stay inside

Rose said...

At least your mama keeps you safe! She loves you to the moon and beyond.

Mevely317 said...

That's both tragic and terrifying. You know I'm a certified coward when it comes to lightening; at least tornados are sometimes survivable. Your momma's wise to keep you and daddy safe under that new roof!

PS - Tell momma I was able to find and download The Water Keeper, free for nuthin!

Millie and Walter said...

Your mom is very good at being careful whenever lightning is near. We wouldn't want either of you to get hurt.

Chatty Crone said...

No matter what Bob says - you were RIGHT!

My Mind's Eye said...

Beau I have a very healthy respect/fear of lightning
When I was about 6 I was playing with on a tire swing a neighbor across the street . A storm was brewing Mama called me in and FOR ONCE IN MY LIFE I came when called. Just as I got to my porch I turned to wave and lightning struck the tree the swing was in. My neighbor was still under the tree, unfortunately he died. I don't mess around when there is lightning
Hugs cecilia

Inger said...

Oh, Beau, that's so scary, I didn't know it could get that bad. So often, I mean, and so serious. I'm suddenly liking my boring, dry, and sunny weather better. We get thunder storms too, but they are few and far between. I'm glad you have such a smart mommy.

Brian's Home Blog said...

Our Dad doesn't like that lightning stuff either. Twice the Dad had lightning hit super close to him and he's not interesting in the third time happening.

photowannabe said...

We sure don't have thunder and lightning like that at all.
Scary and you are right about keeping track of that stuff.
Glad it doesn't usually last that long and you can get small walks in.
Thanks for the space launch info. A friend of mine has moved to that area and was planning on going to the beach to watch the launch.
I wonder if he did. Will have to check out his FB page.
Sue

Sandee said...

Stay inside is what I would do too. Your mom is smart.

Have a woof woof day and week, Beau. My best to your smart mom. ♥

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

We agree with Sandee, your Mama is a smart lady. Just say no to walking in the thunder!
xoxo,
Sunny

Ojo said...

This sounds very exciting! I am sorry you missed your Walk!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I have to admit that I like watching lightning, but only from a very safe far away distance which means safely inside too. I'm glad you all stayed safe, and that all the precautions your Mom takes keeps you all that way.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Oh my, I'm so glad you are on top of that. That's so true about not being able to see the lightening in the daylight and if there is thunder there is lightening! Glad you were both safe.