Thursday, May 12, 2022

Dear Nobby on Thankful Thursday

 


In a prior post, Nobby commented he has never seen a lizard. The first reason is he lives in Scotland. The other reason is he is still just a very young puppy... Beau said he wants you to see how big they are. The above might be a TAD bigger than our back yard lizards, due to the manipulations of Mama and PicMonkey.
Below are a few of lizards from Mama's archives, whatever Archives is. Mama has 28 lizard post if you get bored. There might be 100 lizard post, she forgets the labels most of the time
We have 87 million Brown anoles and a few green in our yard.

Lizards in our bushes


on our fences and even a Biker Lizard



Above is Mama Favorite, Leonard. He loves to hear her talk, just like I like to hear her talk.
See him look at her when she said his name?
We have Black Snakes and Toads, and Tree Frogs and Mama talks to all of them.
The frogs names start with F, as in Freddy and the Lizards all start with L. 
Liam and Larry and Lenoard are her favorites.
today we are thankful for our new friend Nobby and for all of our E-friends and for all the wonderful critters in our yard.
But NOT Mosquitoes and Nats
Mama has gone to get the lab to steal her blood. She might be late today





17 comments:

WFT Nobby said...

Hi Beau,
Thank you so much for showing me your lizards. What wonderful creatures! Leonard is such a fine fellow. Does he ever talk back to your Mama?
Toodle-oo!
Nobby.

easyweimaraner said...

we saw a lizard once in da south of france, we were so scared that we refused to leave the car LOL

Ann said...

The closest I've ever been to a lizard was when I was really little. My cousins had one. I was kind of freaked out by it.

eileeninmd said...

Hello Beau,
I love seeing lizards, they are so cute. You are lucky to see them in your yard, we do not have them here. I think they like a warmer climate, Maryland is too cold. Love the photos! HUGS, have a happy day!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Beau, this is a fabulous post about all your garden neighbours! Thanks for getting mum to dig into those archives!!! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

Rose said...

Your mama is the Lizard Charmer...I like Leonard. But I love you.

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

We have lots and lots of the smaller lizards in our garden and quite a few have lots their tails to the cats over the years...

Woofs,
Ollie

Millie and Walter said...

We wish we had lizards around here. They are cool looking and we like how they can cling to the side of your house.

My Mind's Eye said...

BOL Nobby is so lucky to have Beau and Mom who are 200% lizard experts. That is what is such fun about blogging friends are very helpful
Hugs cecilia

Ginny Hartzler said...

Glad to know you Picmonkeyed the first photo. Otherwise, Beau, you would be doing battle with a dinosaur. The little lizards are cute, and amazing how fast like lightening they can run. I would love all this wildlife, EXCEPT the snakes, and spiders. I hope the lizards eat most of the spiders. Love your sunny butt today, Beau!

Mevely317 said...

I love our lizards and anoles, too! Actually, I've only seen ONE anole -- and probably would have freaked, had I not learned from your momma what they are. All God's creatures!

PS - I hope the lab people at least said 'Thank you' for the blood.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sweet post. Enjoyed seeing all of the lizards. I love Leonard.

Sandee said...

We love our lizards here too, Beau. Hubby feeds one of them when he's weeding. That cutie pie waits for hubby to find a bug and feed him. So cute.

Have a fabulous day and rest of the week. My best to your mom. ♥

Brian's Home Blog said...

WOW Beau, Godzilla is everywhere!!!

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

Oh Beau...I love hunting the lizards!! They sure are fast tho...and I haven't caught one yet. For some reason, Mama is happy about this!
xoxo,
Rosy

Ojo said...

Hi friend, Ojo here! I have only ever seen eensy-weensy little lizards... Nothing like that! Can you chase them???

CheerfulMonk said...

I thought lizards liked mosquitoes, if so that would be another reason to love them.