Friday, January 28, 2022

Ibis a Good Boy-Nature Friday



NOTE: You will need to use your imagination, or so Mama Says.
Picture This, if you please.
It's Mama and Beau, walking down the street,
It's Sunday morning, no traffic! how sweet.
Helen's house has caused us to stare hard,
we spy with our eyes, 2 dozen birds all over her yard.
Grunting and pecking and grunting some more,
we walked closer and closer; we've seen these birds before.
I felt Mama tighten the leash
and I thought to myself, oh Geez.
We walked two feet away
I paid no attention, kept walking our way.
they all passed to the other side of the road
and around the corner we strode.
suddenly the rain came down and
Mama swung us around,
There they were the same big flock
we had to walk through them to get down our block.
as we fled in the rain,
Mama said over and over again,
Beau you are the best boy that I know,
Not one move at the Ibis you go.
Not even a look as we fled for home.
with the flash of wings, they were gone.
I just said
Mama you know Ibis a good boy!

Ibis Vacancy HERE for close up views of these ugly beautiful birds

Joining Rosey and the Gang at Adventures of the Gang Nature Friday




20 comments:

easyweimaraner said...

you are a super good boy... we would go off like rockets... ;O))))

eileeninmd said...

Hello Beau,

You are such a good boy! It would be a pleasure to take you out for a walk.
I love the pretty White Ibis and the photos. HUGS, have a happy day!

Tigger's Mum said...

Woooaaaa neat birds. I, the Tigger guess they are big (too big for me to stalk - I draw the line at anything starling sized or over; they fight back!). And those guys look armed. They could do some nasty damage with their stabbing tools. Paw smacks Mr T

Ann said...

You are such a good boy Beau. Gibbs would have taken off after those Ibis in a heartbeat.

Rose said...

Beau, you sure make your mama proud!

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

You are an amazing boy, Beau! I don't think I would be as good as you!

Woofs,
Ollie

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Well done Beau boy!!! Mum is right to be proud of you. She did a great job of illustration, too... hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

My Mind's Eye said...

Beau give yourself a standing ovation....my imagination was truly sparked today
Hugs Cecilia

Millie and Walter said...

We love your poem about your walk through the ibis flock with your mom, Beau. You sure are a good boy to not try to chase them.

Chatty Crone said...

Disco would literally have a heart attack.

Sandee said...

You're such a good boy, Beau and you're most handsome too.

Have a woof woof day and weekend. My best to your mom. ♥

Martha said...

Well of course you are the best boy ever! Every time I see those birds I'm reminded of the time I saw a bunch of them in a field on a very windy day, every time the wind would gust it made them all walk backwards lol!

Mevely317 said...

There you were, just a'walking down the street! Those Ibis must have been so curious.
Looking fine, my man. Mighty fine!

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

You are the bestest boy Beau! Mama thinks your Ibis are so ugly, they're cute!

Brian's Home Blog said...

WOW Beau, that's amazing, we're sure very proud of you too!

WFT Nobby said...

Well I have had a good close look at those beaks and decided you are a wise chap to avoid upsetting the birds Beau.
Toodle pip!
Bertie.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Good boy! I surprised he didn't even pay attention to them. Those birds always scared me by my dad's house.

Marvelous Marv said...

Those are cool looking birds (and you Beau was ibis good boy). All we have around here that could be that big is the Canada Geese, and they are mean and poopy! We hope you and your Peeps are having a marvellously happy weekend.

KB said...

WOW!!! Beau, you are a superstar who puts everyone else to shame. And those Ibis are SO cool!

CheerfulMonk said...

Wow! Good boy, Beau!