Monday, August 9, 2021

Today in my life


This is me today after my Mama Walk and My Daddy Ballgame. 
I refused to look in the camera because Mama is going to tell an embarrassing story that I told her not to tell.
We left the house for our walk, Mama NEVER takes her phone off her hip while she is holding my leash. She pulled her phone out to check the time, she told me she needed to know because the light was just right for walking.
We rounded the corner of the fence that blocks our view and because she had me in one hand and phone in other and was looking down and  not hypervigilant like she always is, with no warning at all
Suddenly there was A Gray Tabby that looked JUST LIKE BRIAN, hunched not 3 feet from my nose!
Just so you know I have never even tried to chase a cat, a lizard, or squirrel.

Brian The Cat Hissed and Leaped into the air and RAN. FAST!
In dog speak that means nanna nanna boo boo, you can't catch me.

I tried to catch him/her and nearly jerked mamas arm from the socket, or so she said.
She gave the NO command and I stopped immediately and she said I was really good because if I had not stopped she would have done a face plant in the grass.
Great news from ALL THE HOME ALONE TIME I HAD THIS WEEK



 

21 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

yeah for bob!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And yeah for you stopping.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Great news, I have been waiting to hear!!! What a good boy you are, Beau!!

Brian's Home Blog said...

That is good news for your Dad! Hey Beau, you can always tell if it is really me because I would rub on your legs and say howdy!

WFT Nobby said...

Good news on Bob, and on Mama avoiding the face plant!

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

You are such a good boy for stopping Beau...we don't think we would have been able to stop!
xoxo,
Rosy and the Gang

Mevely317 said...

Gosh, that was a close call! So glad momma (OR the phone) didn't do a face-plant. Just imagine the looks on the nurses faces wondering just WHO was needing medical attention.

Inger said...

Beau, I love the way you express yourself. You have a funny and unusual command of the English language. For sure, good boy!

Millie and Walter said...

That was a close call for you, Beau. We're glad you listened to your mom and that the cat didn't attack your head.

Millie and Walter said...

P.S. Yeah about your dad's surgery, too.

Ann said...

Glad to hear you were a good boy and listened to the mama. We wouldn't want her doing a face plant.

catladymac said...

We hope everything goes well for your Daddy !

ZOOLATRY said...

sdKNXmN3IU2P35347Q97a8)*****

ZOOLATRY said...

Sorry about that.
JUNE walked across the keyboard.
I'm not sure what she was saying?
I'll go talk to her and get back to you later ...

CheerfulMonk said...

Good boy! 👍

eileeninmd said...

Hello Beau,

You are a good boy, I am glad you listened to your Mama.
Congrats to your Dad too. HUGS, have a happy day!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Yes, Beau-boy, I am so glad you listened - because that could have resulted in serious downtime for you!!! Am super glad about your daddy's results too. Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

Sandee said...

Yay for dad being cleared for surgery. Best news of the day.

Your poor mom. She knows you can't resist a chase. You did well to mind mom though. That was a very good thing.

Have a woof woof day and week. My best to your peeps. ♥

lexitheschnauzer said...

We bet your Mama will never pull her phone out again while walking you, Beau. Good boy for stopping!! POTP for your dad and the surgery. Glad he can get it.

Ojo said...

Hi friend, Ojo here! Your Ball has a crack in it. Balls with cracks are the best. Also, good job listening to y our person. You look very strong, I bet you would have taken her whole arm off!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

You were a good boy!

Marvelous Marv said...

Yippie! Yi! Yo! Ki! Yeah! for Bob! We are purraying that things just get better and better! Beau, you should see the chucke-it ball our cousin June has! It is on our Wordless Wednesday post. Yep! Mom has gone to take care of family and abandoned us with our human brother. Cinnamon is NOT happy!