Saturday, July 31, 2021

WOW! What IS that?

 


Mama found this at the eye doctor office. She asked me to tell you about it. When she added me to the photo the first thing I said was Wow! LOOK at those TIRES! Can I pee that high?

Mama said she parked and stood staring after taking photos trying to decide what it is. 

Of course being Mama, who talks all the time and also has a HUGE curiosity bump.
she stepped inside and went to the desk and said What is that, pointing at it.
the girls started laughing and pointed at the man filling out paperwork and said
Ask Him? 
she did and he said 
I can take that off the grid and live for 3 months. it holds 300 gallons of water, and can carry all things needed for living 3 months. the reception girl said how many live in it.
He said My wife and 6 month old daughter and me. 

He did not say WHAT it is. 
 SOOOO

You KNOW what My Mama did. 
Research. Using the word on the side Tetair and  Off Grid 
They are turning Military Trucks into Off Grid tiny homes and selling them.
This link will show you all the different types they are using.
This has plenty of room for a big dog and a mama and a daddy. My question is where if
Off The Grid?


16 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

My first thought was it is an armoured truck, like the kind that picks up money. This makes sense, did you know that tiny houses are all the ragenow? A local high school shop class is making and selling them. Also SCHOOLIES, school buses that have the insides ripped out, and are made into tiny houses. Some of them are beautiful inside. A lady in our church specializes in decorating tiny houses and Schoolies, and has written books on it.

WFT Nobby said...

Gail has a friend on the other side of your country who is always talking about converting a vehicle into a tiny home. We are going to send her the link.
I, Bertie, prefer a home that does not move, and am quite happy with all the comforts of being on grid.
Toodle pip!
Bertie.

CheerfulMonk said...

What a great idea!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

It is a great idea for the old military trucks. I can not imagine 3 people living inside that vehicle for a long time. Beau did you go to the eye doctor too. HUGS, have a happy day!

Ann said...

I never would have guessed by looking at it that it was something someone would live in. Cool idea and it's amazing what people are turning into tiny houses but it's just a little too small for my taste. I think I would go crazy living in something that small

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Oh yes, I knew what it was - it is the sort of thing I dream of doing/having and travelling the world in it... but it may have to remain a dream... Beau, d'ya think your peeps would like to take you somewhere exploring in one of these? What fun that would be!!! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

DeniseinVA said...

That’s fascinating! Great form of recycling. I like to watch YouTubes of people living off the grid. My younger self would have loved to do that. Love how mama finds these things out and love how she added you in the photo.

Mevely317 said...

That is so cool! First thing I thought, "Does it have air conditioning?" I'm going to check out this link.
Yep, I'd love to own one -- except we all know I'd have to hire someone to drive it.

Millie and Walter said...

That sure is an interesting vehicle. We think we'd prefer more room than living in such a small home.

Brian's Home Blog said...

That sure is a weird looking thing and all it needs is some rocket launchers mounted on the top!

Chatty Crone said...

Sandra I found this to really be extremely interesting. I wonder if it is a sign of the times.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Well that's really interesting. I haven't seen one of those on the road yet. He would definitely be prepared for an emergency situation.

My Mind's Eye said...

Whoa that is one fine looking high wheelie house!!
And it has curtains!!
Hugs cecilia

Marvelous Marv said...

Gosh! We could live in one of those with our Mom! We have had loads of practice off the grid camping in the back country. Mom says its not all its cracked up to be as she loves her creature comforts.

KB said...

That is COOL! Our Labmobile carries only enough water and food for 2 weeks. Imagine THREE months. Holy moly. That is cool!

lexitheschnauzer said...

Hmm, that sounds like a great way to go places that doesn't have electricity or running water. I just hope we never feel the need to live off the grid because of government, etc. Well, I guess there is wisdom in that old saying, hope for the best and prepare for the worst. PS: the pups say they prefer the comfort of AC and a big bed.