Thursday, May 20, 2021

Thankful Thursday All About Leaves

 


Yesterdays post I asked if you could guess what I was doing in the 3 photos.
I was eating grass, grass long enough for me to eat it, is rare because of the drought.
Dogs love grass. I am thankful we have grass in this drought.

Sometimes my pawrentz lose me if I lay down in these leaves, my natural CAMMO.
Mama thought some of you might wonder why so many leaves this time of year and also wonder just why someone doesn't rake them up.

The Pawrentz do rake them. But only when needed. Daddy mulches all leaves with the mower, and they go back into the sandy soil as nature intended.
Usually in summer time we don't have leaves, but the Avocado tree doesn't do well with drought and we are in a bad one now.
Mama rakes leaves today and decided I should tell you my Secret.

I am Beau the Mulch Maker, even better than a mower.

Above is before and after mama raked the leaves leaving the sand there to blow all around and in the house and pool and get tracked in on paws and drippy mouths.
I am thankful Mama and Daddy rake leaves for me.

They rake the leaves into my Orange Thing Ball Game Pathway that I created by running like a 
MAD DOG after that Chuckit Ball. 
 I MADLY and FASTLY race through the leaves and it mulches them into tiny pieces, 
and about every 4 days somebody has to RAKE them again... 
They save the leaves to keep the dirt down when I run. It doesn't work well, but better than nuttin.
I am thankful Daddy throws the ball Fast
I wish someone would move the fence line out to the street and double my runway.
right now it about 25 feet to the fence, it could be 50 is someone moved that fence.
just Sayin




22 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I never would have guessed. I thought dogs only ate grass when they were sick.

easyweimaraner said...

cong-grass for having mighty fine grass... if we eat grass then it mostly ends with a giant mess ...technically are such days like mardi grass but can happen all days per week ;O)

Ann said...

Well I had no idea you were such a talented dog that you could mulch leaves all by yourself. Good job Beau.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Beau

I only could see the leaves and not the grass.
My dogs loved to eat grass too.
HUGS, have a happy day!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Beau, you are both mower and mulcher it seems - earning your keep!!! (For others of your fans who are worried, they should read this... Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

Martha said...

You are a mulching machine too? You have so many talents Beau! :)

Rose said...

Coukd I hire you to mulch leaves this fall. You could do that whikecyour mama and I visit.

WFT Nobby said...

Hmmm. I only have the urge to eat grass when I'm feeling sick, You OK Beau?
Toodle pip!
Bertie.

Inger said...

Faith says: I wish you could come here and run with me. I've got so much land you could run on and we could play like KB's dogs play up there in the higher mountains. I miss having a playmate, because my brother Samson is kind of old now and I'm not alloed to mess with him.

Chatty Crone said...

He eats grass? I thought that was when dogs were sick. That is a nice run, but I bet he would like 50 feet!

My Mind's Eye said...

MAD Dog and MAD snapper you two make a wonderful team.
Hugs Cecilia

Sandee said...

Well I know dogs eat grass, but all I saw was leaves. Good for you that there is grass under there for you to eat.

Have a woof woof day, Beau. My best to your peeps. ♥

Mevely317 said...

Who knew? When our girls eat grass it usually means they need to throw up.
I only recently learned about leaves being good for the soil and here, you were way ahead of me. What a smart fellow you are, Beau!

Millie and Walter said...

You are doing a great service for your pawrents by mulching up those leaves. We love to eat grass too. Sometimes our pawrents call us cows because we eat so much. BOL!

Brian's Home Blog said...

I hear that leaves are lots of dun Beau, lots! Thanks for joining our Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

DeniseinVA said...

That's interesting about eating those leaves. Good boy for helping mommy and daddy with the mulching.

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

We like grass too, Beau. We especially like the long blades we find along the field near where we walk. Mom says they are just weeds, but they are tasty to us.

Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

lexitheschnauzer said...

Glad to know you weren't puking. We both enjoy a little nibble of grass too. We just found out there are some kinds that are beneficial to eat, and Mom is going to check that out. Oh, and someone really should move that fence that's in your way! XOX Xena and Lucy

CheerfulMonk said...

Great job!

Ruby said...

I LOVES to 'prune' Ma's plants! She doesn't like it, that is why almost all her plants are in 'jail'. Butts, she gets me mint to eats! She has like four mint plants in planters that she rotates so I can have something yummy to munch on if I wants. A lot of the times I just drop it on the ground 😁
I agree...you should gets a longer run! BOL!!
Kisses,
Ruby ♥

Marvelous Marv said...

Beau, we could use you here later in the summer and early in the fall. That is when Mom uses the leaves as mulch in the garden to keep the weeds down (and conserve water). You do have a LOT of leaves.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I know all of our dogs never ate grass unless they were sick like Ginny said. I'm glad he has a nice time in the yard and you have a plan all worked out with the leaves.