Saturday, October 10, 2020

What We Did For Love......

 


Big Boy, 7 1/2 years old, Over the Rainbow Bridge Oct 9, 2020

I kissed you goodbye today, with sweetness and sorrow. Wish me love and the same to you.

I can never regret what I did for love of you, and what you did for love of me. 

You were a gift to borrow, its as if you and I always knew we were meant to be.

 Love is never gone, as we travel on, me here on earth, you in heaven as an angel. 

Love's what we'll remember. Good bye my heart dog, 

Never forget what we did was for love... You ate from my fingers and fought so hard, you ate for love of me, I fed you for love of you. 

You struggled to stay with me, even on your last day, when your body was shutting down, you struggled to swallow what I gave you, you did it for Love. 

I hope the writer of this song, song by Josh Grogan, doesn't mind my using his words to soothe my broken heart.

 Big's aunt Myra sent the song in email to sooth my heart and it did. the lyrics and song you will find here....What I did for Love


Big mid day, 10/08/2020

You spent your last 24 hours laying on the tile floor, nothing moving but your eyes, but each time I asked, for love of me, you struggled to stand and move out side. You tried to pee, but could not, could not move around. Could not swallow what I placed on your tongue.
You tried and tried and watched me cry.
 At 3:30 am Friday Oct 9, 2020, I asked you to move and you could not.

My heart shattered when your Daddy said, he is done, and we knew you were, we rushed you to the Vet ER and it was confirmed the rainbow bridge was ready for you, that your kidneys had failed and God was calling you to run free in His Garden..

You left me at 4 am, laying in my arms, with your head on my shoulder, your talking eyes looking into my green ones saying, thank you Mama for 2 years and 8 days of heaven
You were my heaven and always will be.
I will always be glad, you spoke to me with your eyes and I said YES!


Good bye my Love, I hope the sun is shining in your heavenly garden and that you are lying pain free and breathing well.

I sent a message to Big's Shelter Home and they requested to use his photo and a eulougy. This is posted to their website.


On Oct 1, 2018, your incredible melting chocolate brown eyes connected with my eyes, and I loved you. You loved me and became my heart dog.

Big left his paw print on the heart of every human he met. He loved people, all people. When Amazon knocked on the door he sat waiting, hoping the man would come in and pet him.

My heart is shattered at his loss, but we had an incredible 2 years and 8 days with you, so Smart and loving, my beloved  Big Black Dog.. 

Miss you forever.

Big's Message to you, Adopt Shelter Dogs, you will never regret it. I made him a promise he would never see another shelter, and now I have kept that promise...

Thank you to Manatee county Animal Control shelter for our beloved.






21 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I am speechless with sorrow...I know this song well.

Inger said...

Your time together was not long in years but the love you shared will live in your heart forever. I'm so sad,so sorry Sandra. U

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
the pawfect song for the pawfect relationships shared... RIP darling Big Boy. Thank you, Sandra, for being so generous with your BB and allowing us to love him just as much. YAM xx

Rose said...

I am sitting here just bawling...I sure know how you feel..I am bawling for him and for you. Love you my friend.

Ann said...

This is a very touching tribute to your heart dog. He is looking down on you and his tail is wagging right now. You gave him 2 wonderful years to know what if feels like to be loved.

My Mind's Eye said...

Sandra I know this was difficult to write. It is as Beautiful as your Big Beautiful Black furry son. When you brought him into your home he began the best 2 years of his life. Our furries don't ask for much, just love, food and shelter. In return they give us a million hours of unconditional loved and devotion. BB was lucky to be loved by you
Take care of yourself...
I expect BB is basking in Sun over the rainbow.
Hugs Cecilia

Mevely317 said...

And here I didn't think I'd any tears left to cry. Methinks Josh Groban would be honored. 💗

ZOOLATRY said...

Heaven is loving him ... he will never be alone, he will always be well now.

KB said...

You and he loved and saved each other. You shared every day, every sunrise, and every chocolate gaze with love in your hearts. I am so sad for you but I can tell that you are living this with thankfulness for the deep love that Big brought to your life. I am sending you and Bob love and strength. You did the very best that you could for sweet Big.

Brian's Home Blog said...

It took me a while to read your beautiful tribute, I couldn't see for all the tears. Big loved you fully and you loved him back. That sweetie finally had what he needed in life, your love. Hugs from all of us here.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

What a beautiful tribute for Big Boy. It is a beautiful song!
I am sure BB a happy dog to go home with you from the shelter. You gave him a happy home and lots of loving.

Millie and Walter said...

Your tribute to Big Boy is beautiful. We didn't know him for long but we could tell you had a special relationship. It's sad he couldn't be with you for longer but you gave him the best 2 years and 8 days he ever had.

Sandee said...

What a fabulous tribute to Big Boy.

Big healing hugs. ♥♥♥

Chatty Crone said...

Oh my gosh I am bawling like a baby.
I hope you keep and cherish those WONDERFUL and BEAUTIFUL memories there.
Hugs and prayers.
Love, sandie

catladymac said...

Some years ago there was a compilation of letters left at The Wall (the Vietnam Memorial) One woman had written to her son: "Even though I only knew you for such a short time, I would rather have that, and this pain, then never to have known you at all.:

lexitheschnauzer said...

Oh, Sandra, I can't even listen to the song right now. I love Josh Groban's work, even though it often makes me cry. What you wrote is beautiful, and sois your heart. Amy

Hailey and Zaphod and their Lady said...

With great love comes great loss. Hugs.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

So sad yet so beautiful....((HUGS))

photowannabe said...

Tears and Hugs

Matilda the Boxer said...

My heart is just broken to lose my buddy Big. But you gave him a wonderful life, and I know he's telling all sorts of stories about you on the Bridge!

Jo said...

Oh my dear Sandra and Bob, I have been off Blogger for a week and didn't know about your recent heartbreak. I am so sorry. I'm sobbing as I write this. I don't know what to say except you had a precious boy in Big and shared him with the world. Thank you. Bless you and may God be with you in your pain. Love and blessings Jo