Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Monday was NOT a good day

 


Mama told you yesterday that I was back to normal. I slept all night, really well but when we got up and Mama went to the kitchen to get my turkey with pills hidden inside, I went and laid like this.
I did not come when she called, I did not move, I was breathing hard, so she could hear me.
She brought my pills to me and I lifted my head and did eat the piece of turkey.
that was good, butt when daddy cooked breakfast and they sat at the counter, I did not leave this spot. I did not want to move. 
Mommy came to me and hand fed me the poached egg. I ate it but did not gobble it.
I stayed right there until Mama sat in her rocker. 
then I wedged myself between the ottoman and laid on her feet and made her feet dead.
Or so she said!
Every time she moved, I went with her

this is me, down the hall and around the hall, and laying by the bathroom door.
SUDDENLY Boom Boom Boom!
lots of booms and flashes,
This is my bug eye look when it booms. she was sitting in her chair with the dratted phone in her hand. 
I said Can't you see me? Can't you see my eyes? Can you HEAR that noise.

She got up and hugged me and moved to the rocker and I wedged my body in the space, it was a tight fit, she pushed the ottoman with her foot and I jumped up and stared at it
with big bug eyes! The ottoman is MOVING Mama!
She said it's ok, just making you a little more hiding space
The booms ended but I still am following mama and its almost noon.
mama looks sad




21 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Big, you have the best Mama on earth. And I see how she always helps you to feel better. Mybe you will have some bad days and some good days, but your Mom will always see you through them. Gosh, I can see youe eyes and how bad that storm scared you!

easyweimaraner said...

oh how good that your mama was there for you... hugs to you and lots of POTP and we wish that evil storms will disappear fur ever...

Ann said...

Aw, Big i'm so sorry that it was a bad day. I'm glad your mama is there to help you through and take care of you.

eileeninmd said...

Hello BB,
I am sorry you had a bad day, between not feeling well and those bad thunderstorms you must be a wreck. Stay close to Mama, she can give your lots of hugs and love. Take care, have a great day!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
BB, I sad too, that you are sad and mummy is sad. I hope this is only for one day and that tomorrow is brighter in all respects. Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

Mevely317 said...

I'm so very sorry you had a not-great day, Big. Booms outside and moving ottomans are scary, indeed. Sending wishes and prayers that you're feeling lots better today and momma's not sad anymore.

Martha said...

I'm so sorry you had a bad day and I know those booms didn't help. I hope the booms stay away today and hope you are feeling better today too sweet boy.

Brian's Home Blog said...

We sure hope today is better BB and the storms stay away too. Hugs from all of us.

Rose said...

Ah, Big, I have been hoping you have a better day today. I can feel your fright from here with the storm.

Sandee said...

Big healing hugs, Big Boy. You've been in my thoughts and prayers since the mom ask for them.

Have a woof woof day. My best to your sad mom. ♥

Chatty Crone said...

Oh I know your mama's heart is sad. Hopefully it will get better and stay better soon.
You are like Disco - he wants his mom when he feels sad and scared!!!

My Mind's Eye said...

BB a horribly loud and scary t storm was the last thing you wanted on Monday I'm positive you 100% know your mom is where you want to be when you are scared and feel poorly
Healing hugs and prayers
Cecilia

Millie and Walter said...

We're sorry to hear you are having a bad day and hope you feel better soon. Our paws are staying crossed and sending all the POTP to you we can.

Inger said...

Poor baby, I hope you are feeling better today. I hope there will be no more booms. Samson doesn't like them either, but Faith doesn't mind. They both send their love to you and hope you will be feeling better soon.

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

Sending lots of POTP your way Big, we sure hope you are feeling a bit better today!!

Matilda the Boxer said...

Aww dawg, big boomies when you're already not feeling grreat? That's no fun at all.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I just read the post about the good day. Sorry about the bad day. Hope all is well today.

KB said...

I sure hope that tomorrow is a better day. I am thinking of you a lot, BB. Hugs to you, your mom, and dad.

Hailey and Zaphod and their Lady said...

POTP sweet BB.

catladymac said...

Oh Big - we are sorry you had a bad day ! We are sending purrayers and Power of the Paw to you and all the people who love and care for you !

lexitheschnauzer said...

Like us, you were probably hearing those booms long before anyone else in your family. My eyes look like that too when I get scared. XOX Lucy