Friday, May 10, 2024

Yes, we have no bananas Nature Friday

 

Mama just found this in drafts, unfinished, just photos, she forgot to finish my post and forgot to put any words here...  She said for me to tell you she wanted me to show you that all the grass is dead and there are leaves falling because the drought continues. 

As for me I just love my back yard no matter what. She waters 3 patches of grass with water from the rain barrel and her dish water. I must have my eatable grass.


this bird of paradise is drought resistant 



I can watch my street in sun or shade and all the avacdo leaves on the ground mean soon there will be tiny avocados for me to scoff unless she picks them up.



14 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
The drought is sad. I hope you are a good dog and leave those avocados, they are not good for you. HUGS, have a happy day!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
Droughts are no fun... And I too hope you don't go scoffing avos! Hugs and wags YAM-aunty xxx

WFT Nobby said...

You have a drought? That's not good. Here the grass is growing like crazy now that the weather has warmed up after all the April rain.
Here's hoping you manage to snaffle some avocados some time soon...
Toodle-oo!
Nobby.

Rose said...

I wish you could have rain on your yard! You would love it! It is a jungle back there when it gets enough moisture.

Brian's Home Blog said...

It sure does look dry out there sweet Beau. We don't have that problem at the moment but we often do too!

My Mind's Eye said...

Beau you have so many choices...!!!
Hugs Cecilia

Millie and Walter said...

We're sorry to hear you are having a drought, Beau. At least you still have some grass to eat. We like to eat grass too.

Mevely317 said...

Gosh, that close-up of the fallen leaves is beautiful.
Reality, however, not so much. Thank goodness you've a caring momma who makes sure you don't do without!

I wish our skies would take a break on account the grass grows faster than we're willing to mow.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love this last photo the best, Beau!! It gives a wide view of your favorite place.

CheerfulMonk said...

I hope you get some rain soon!

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

What a wonderful backyard you have Beau, I bet you can't wit until the avocados start falling!
xoxo,
Rosy & Sunny

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I'm glad Mama waters those areas for you so you have grass to eat. The drought is not a good thing.

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I wish I could send you some of our rain. We are pretty wet right now because of all the rain, but I'm not complaining for a single moment, because I worry about a drought for us. But I'm glad you're keeping everything as green as you can! 🥰

Ann said...

A drought sure is rough on nature.