Thursday, September 28, 2023

Lionize

 


Mama's word of the day last week was lionize.  I want you to know my Mama is a person of great interest to me. I watch her like a stalking LION.
her every move is of the utmost importance to me. 
Will she feed me, pet me, hug me, walk me, take me in the backyard, open the door for me...
Will she say give me a kiss? When she does, I do it. Butt I refuse to kiss daddy. Mama thinks i don't like his beard.
I am thankful for my mama and  I love my Mama. 

Our Front yard at 7:30 am Sunday 9/24/2023


She walks me through our front yard, in order to
walk me in the street,
walk me on the curb,
 walk me in the grass and
she walks me on the sidewalks.
The sun was coming up when we got home from bray park this past Sunday. 

Mama, today you have been lionized by ME. Her other talents include taking old photos from September 2021 and adding them into other photos. Daddy took these 4 of us and 2 others and they are all old. If you see us walking together, they are all 2-year-old.

Do you suddenly feel the urge to the urge to sing “The Lion Sleeps Tonight”? It is always just a whim away...
A whim away, a whim away, a whim away


We leave you with a woman who was definitely Lionized.
What did the Spartacus say when the lion ate his wife?
Nothing he was gladiator.

18 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

We laughed and laughed at the gladiator joke! Now I will be hearing The Lion Sleeps Tonight in my sleep. What does that mean anyway? I'm looking it up.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Orginally recorded in the Zulu language. As noted in the facts’ section, “The Lion Sleeps Tonight” actually originated in South Africa during the early 20th century. It is said that its writer, Solomon Linda and his homeys used to actually chase away lions who wanted to use cattle they owned as prey. And those pursuits serve as the basis of the lyrical composition of this song.

Read more at: https://www.songmeaningsandfacts.com/the-lion-sleeps-tonight-by-the-tokens/

WFT Nobby said...

Beau, that gladiator joke is the worst ever! But we agree you have a totally wonderful, kind, clever and talented Mom!

Ann said...

LOL at gladiator.
You do have a wonderful mama.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Bwwwahahahahahahahahahaha... oh and yes, you have every right to lionise Mum! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

Rose said...

I am afraid the lion wont sleep now!

eileeninmd said...

You have a wonderful Mama. I love the photos, the song and the cute gladiator joke. HUGS, have a happy day!

My Mind's Eye said...

OMDs Beau what a perfect world it would be to have 4 of you in it. I like the new word Lionize!!
Hugs cecilia

Millie and Walter said...

We can see why you lionize your mom. She does so much for you every day. That sure is a funny joke you threw in there at the end. BOL!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

What a beautiful post about your Mama and how much you love her.
Love the joke at the end.

Mevely317 said...

Lionize, huh? Well, I'd have flunked if asked to define that on a test. Wonder why they didn't just say, Idolize.
You're sure one blessed fellow!

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

Great job lionizing your Mama Beau, and that was a VERY funny joke!!
xoxo,
Rosy and Sunny

CheerfulMonk said...

I'm still laughing at the joke. Thanks! And I agree your mom is a wonderful person.

Tigger's Mum said...

Beau you are definitely fortunate to have your Mum and have every reason to lionize her.

Brian's Home Blog said...

All y'all Beaus look like Kings of your own private jungle!

DeniseinVA said...

Mama is definitely someone who fits the word. We lionize her out here too! Great post tell Mama please. And you Beau are as adorable as ever.

DeniseinVA said...

And I loved the joke too. I'm going to be singing that song for the next few hours.

lexitheschnauzer said...

Your Mama sure walks you a lot, Beau. I think I'd get walked more if everyone else wasn't here wanting walked, too. *wags* Riley