Wednesday, March 15, 2023

EXTRA! EXTRA!

 

 

I know I am not supposed to post today, but my Mama almost had to post a POTP on me yesterday. 

Monday at 5 pm, I got up to go outside and yelped and held my right paw up and could not walk on three legs. I whimpered and tried to walk and laid down. Mama thought I had something in my paw and checked all of me several times and found nothing. I wanted her to hold me which is unusual. See daddy? that is me right now this moment as I type, well as my mama types what a say to her. My rule is, Daddy's lap unless I am feeling sick, then it has to be Mama. Daddy has NO compassion flowing off to comfort me like Mama does.

From 5 PM to 7 AM I cried and slept, whined and slept, pitifully whined yelped about once an hour or if I moved. Back to sleep. All night long mama held me, hugged me, sat by me and sometimes I laid on her lap like I am on Daddy. She says I feel like an 81-pound rock on her tummy/lap. She did it anyway. Daddy slept all night in bed.

 When I slept, she could not sleep because she was going through mind stories of me being sick unto death, her words not mine. 

At 8 am, she called Vet office and talked to doctors PA, Victoria whom mama wishes were the vet. she is married to the vet and is much better than he is. 

She asked if she could give me extra Meloxicam! NO she shouted, NEVER give him extra Meloxicam. that might be a lethal dose. She said you can give him his Gabapentin every 8 hours instead of every 12 hours which is what I have been on for a year and a half. 

Mama gave me 1 extra Gabapentin and I passed out, I slept all day except for 2 meals and 3 snacks and a short walk slowly, without moving. Mama could not sleep because she was worried i was sleeping too much. Anyhow here is the bottom line.

Mama went to bed at 7:30 last night, and slept until 4 am, when daddy touched her and said are you ok? He had been up, had coffee in bed and I was still sleeping. I slept from 9 am Tuesday until 4 am Wed, and when Mama got up, I WAS BACK NORMAL. ACTING LIKE NOTHIG WAS EVER WRONG! 

We walked; we ate we did everything I always do. Mama's theory is Remember when mama went to doctor because she was doing what I was doing, yelping and crying, then daddy yelped and went to ER and Jackie got the same thing. Mama told the Vet PA about she thought I had what they had, and she said that is interesting, because when you had it I had the same thing. Just got over it. 

As you can see by these CURRENT Photos, I am on Daddy which means I am not sick! Mama is taking cell phone pics and typing. LIFE IS GOOD. she is still a tad worried, she loves me lots


17 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

We all love you lots, but mama more. I remember that happening to Disco a couple of times. I am so glad that he got over whatever it was and mama can sleep a little. Phew~ Thank God.

Anonymous said...

Goodness! I would have been worried out of my mind, too. But what did Beau have?

Anonymous said...

This is Amy with Xena et al.That last comment was done from my phone, and it didn't show who I was.

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

Whatever it was that befell you, Beau, we are so glad it's gone and you are back to your normal self. And thank you for posting on a non-post day to let us know. We love you!

Woofs,
Ollie (and the rest of the Gang too!)

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

We are so happy you are feeling better Beau!!!!
xoxo,
Sunny & Rosy

DeniseinVA said...

Well that was a big worry! So glad you are feeling better. Mama must be so relieved. Sending you all a big hug. Tell Mama thanks for letting us know what was going on and on a no post day too. She is a loving and caring Mama, you are so loved lucky boy.

Sandee said...

I love your mom too, Beau. I'm glad you're okay. It happens and I remember our Angel Little Bit going through the same kind of thing.

Have a woof woof day, Beau. A big hug to your mom. ♥

Ginny Hartzler said...

Wow, what a nerve-wracking story. But with such a good ending! And you did not even have to pay a vet bill. Mama's theory is interesting, and who knows?

Ginny Hartzler said...

P.S. Daddy's wearing long pants!!

Ann said...

Oh my. That doesn't sound like much fun for you or your mom. I'm glad you are feeling better though

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Heck, Beau boy, this had me on tenterhooks till I got to the end... just glad all sorted again. POTP anyway. Jus' in case... hugs and wags YAM-aunty xxx

Brian's Home Blog said...

My goodness, I'm so sorry I missed the POTP we would have sure sent tons Beau. How awful and scary for you and your Mom. We love you Beau and I'm sure happy the all better found you sweet boy.

Millie and Walter said...

We love you lots too, Beau, and don't like to hear that you are hurting. Your mom is so sweet to stay up with you and comfort you. We are keeping our paws crossed that you continue to feel well.

Mevely317 said...

Oh noooo, sweet baby boy! There's no fear like the sort of fear we momma feel when you fur babies are hurting. Thank goodness for Victoria -- and thank momma for passing on that factoid about Meloxicam.

Fur Everywhere said...

Wow. We are glad you are okay now! Hopefully whatever it was won't come back!

CheerfulMonk said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better, and bless your mom for being so sweet and loving.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Oh my, that was not fun! I'm so sorry you were hurting and Mama was of course worried about you and not sleeping. Glad you are all better now.