Sunday, September 25, 2022

très beautiful beau Selfie Sunday

 


très beautiful Beau


For those of you wo wonder what très means, it is French for Very. We learned that when Hailey and Phod wrote très beau-tiful on this blog.

this month is Animal Pain Awareness Month. 

Go to Cat blogosphere and read the article 
about how to read your pets pain.

Mama is getting a tad fretful, watching reading subtle changes in my behavior.

Like, she made her fruit slushie in the loud blendy thingy and I did NOT get up and go to the kitchen or lift my head when she said, don't you want your slushie?
My normal thing is to beat her to the kitchen or go get her off the computer at 10.

At 10 am she gets her slushie, and I get one small spoon in my bowl. I did get up when she put her finger in it and let me taste it.

It has been 10 months since my diagnosis of dysplasia and a torn ACL.
The ACL is ok, but the other will not go away.
She is watching me, as you can see by these 3 photos.
It is 17 days until my 2nd Gotcha Day and 18 Days until my 9th birthday.

Mama always watches me and all of our angels for subtle changes that might mean pain.




13 comments:

CheerfulMonk said...

I'm sorry you're having problems, and bless your mom for being alert and taking care of you. Sweet, beautful Beau.

WFT Nobby said...

As Gail's mother used to say, if only the dog could tell you how they're feeling. Of course they do tell you, in their own way, but one has to be alert to and understand the signs, and that is not always easy.
Wishing 'bonne santé' to dear Beau.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
Ditto Gail's comment... with some 87% proof POTP to take along with it. Hugs and wags YAM-aunty xxx

Ann said...

It sure would be nice if a dog could tell you how they're feeling. It would make it so much easier and everyone.
You are indeed tres beautiful Beau

Rose said...

I wish I was there to give you a great big hug....

My Mind's Eye said...

Beau you are so very handsome and OMDs red is your color.
Hugs cecilia

Millie and Walter said...

You are always beautiful Beau, and we have our paws crossed that you aren't in any pain.

Chatty Crone said...

You are beautiful in red - I do hope you are okay and just taking it easy for a couple of days.

Brian's Home Blog said...

I hope you're just having a few off days Beau, your selfies are really most wonderful. Hugs to you and your Mom.

Mevely317 said...

Red sure does look good on you, Beau!
Tell da momma "THANKS" for this link. I've been a little concerned about Macie Ann's lethargy and occasional limp. But they were just given an A-OK on their annual vet visit, and the groomer didn't say anything the other day. On her recommendation, however, I am going to start giving them Dasuquin -- soon as UPS shows up tomorrow.

Marvelous Marv said...

One of our befores - the hairy slobbery sister Sam, had very bad arthritis and some issues with her hip. She was a furry loving dog and had the best temper ever. She loved everybody and everybody loved her. She went OTB far too young. We send your Mom strength and Love and Beau, you are always in our purrayers. PS Cinnamon thinks you are one handsome dog! Purrs Marv

lexitheschnauzer said...

Tu et tres beau et tres cher, mon ami, Beau. (Mom took French in school and helped us with this.) XOXOX Lucy, Xena, Chia and Riley

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Love you Beau. Sending you some hugs and prayers.