Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Monday Moanday on Wednesday


This is Monday Moan-Day but on Wednesday because it was too late for Monday this week and too early for Next week.
The three of us woke up and Daddy went to the YMCA to Swim, and Mama put on a Hallmark Movie, which Daddy will not watch, and this is her only chance to watch it.
At 5:30 AM 
KABOOM! LOUD! Like FIREWORKS! Right Over Our Head.
Mama grabbed her phone, and this is what she saw.


You can't see the lightning because she could not remember how to record the video of the screen but could remember how to make a screen shot. (Maybe auntie Yam can nudge her)
There were 87 million loud Kabooms and each time a bolt came down and lit up the room.
Soon Daddy Came Home and said they made him get out of the pool and they closed it.
Mama was sad because she had to stop her movie but that is not 
The Point of This Story
The first Clap of Thunder was at 5:30 am and the last one was at 3 PM.
(The rule in Florida our house is you are not safe until 30 minutes after the last Boom)
I did not get my morning walk until 3:30 pm 
I spent the day Napping! Mama said I was the best boy in the world because I did not beg to go on my walk, I did not pester her, and I did go in the back yard and pee between thunder bolts.

I let her think I was a good boy and brag on me, when really, she should know I am way too smart to want to walk when the monsoons are falling and the bolts are cracking and I can hear the noise.
Who wants to buy the rights to my new Movie, 9 Hours To Wait? so far we have the graphics and story.








 

17 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

What impresses me is that you were actually able to sleep thru the scary thunder!

WFT Nobby said...

We were promised thunder and lightening here in Aberdeen this week but it did not show up. Gail tells me that thunder storms here are very rare and tend to be feeble little affairs compared to the type you have experienced and she is very impressed that you apparently were not scared. She says that even I might be frightened of 9 hours of loud Kabooms and lightening flashes. Fortunately it is unlikely my courage will be tested in this way any time soon.
Toodle-oo!
Nobby.

easyweimaraner said...

you are da best boy, that's for sure... we had such a sky firework too... da phenny watched it through da window and da nelly jumped up every time when da thunder came , ready to apport an invisible duck or at least some duct tape... LOL

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Like Nobby, we on the opposite coast were warned of boomeries. There have never been boomeries all my eight years here. And there still have not been boomeries despite their best efforts to create a weather issue at the met office. That doesn't mean it won't ever happen. Just not yet.

I have experienced monsoon and typhoon seasons, so know precisely what you decided to sleep through, Beau boy. Well done you! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

Tigger's Mum said...

Good on you Beau - loud kabooms can't hurt you (it's the blue flash that might fry you if you go out). I, the Tigger, like electrical storms. Prettyyyyyyyy. I like fireworks too but my humans won't let me go out to inspect those - I have to watch from the windows. You must be able to hold on for a long time - that's impressive too. paw smacks Mr T

Ann said...

That's a long time to have booms and flashes going off around you.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
You had a stormy day, it is safer to stay indoors when there is a lightning storm. You are a good boy and patient too. HUGS, have a happy day!

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

We had some pretty serious thunderboomies here in France also last night and early morning. Fortunately, none of us are scared of thunder, an we certainly welcomes the rain!

Woofs,
Ollie

My Mind's Eye said...

Beau the weather blabbers have threatened us with rain for 7 days. Not a drop.
Hugs cecilia

Millie and Walter said...

That is a long time to wait for a walk, but you were a good boy to do your business in the back yard. We wish we could get some of that rain around here. Our yard is beginning to get a bit parched.

Chatty Crone said...

You had some free fireworks for a long time. Was Bob's pool outside at YMCA? Glad ole Beau could wait. ☺

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

Wowsers, that sounds like a great nap day to us! At least it finally let up befre dark so you could get out for a walkie!
xoxo,
Rosy

Mevely317 said...

Wow, that sounds like a long day! I wish I had your constitution. You are, indeed, the best boy!

Sandee said...

It's hard to sleep through all that noise, but it appears you've mastered it. Bravo.

Have a woof woof day, Beau. My best to your mom. ♥

Brian's Home Blog said...

Dang Beau, that is just way too much booming going on, yikes!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That was a long storm. You guys keep getting hit hard. Glad you finally got to go for a walk. Sounds like a perfect day for a nap except for the thunder and lightning. Sorry about the movie you couldn't watch.

CheerfulMonk said...

That's way too much thunder!