Saturday, July 9, 2022

Exhaustion continued

 


Our tale ended in our prior post, with me totally exhausted from neighbors bombing our house. Well maybe not BOMBING but it sounded like it. Why humans want to make fake bombing noise that cost a lot of money, is beyond me. Just think how many DOG TOYS could be bought with that money.

Sunday night was the day before the BIG BOOMS would start on Monday Night, the 4th of July Mama dreaded 2 more nights of me pacing and no sleep for either of us. You can see above I can't even hold my head up to glare at the pawparazzi!

The pawrentz were watching a Movie. As Good as it Gets! I thought she meant me when she said to Daddy do you want to watch As good as it gets? Me, Right? 

I also heard her say, I know we have seen it several times, but it always makes me happy and makes us laugh.



Wrong, it was this little dog, named Verdell! I don't know what the fuss was all about, they laughed and giggled and said how much they loved the LITTLE dog, they LOVE BIG DOGS so what is up with this? 
I even heard Mama say I sure would like to have a dog like this one and daddy said, me to, and I think Beau would love him. NOPE! don't want a dog to share the love.

Back to the story... Between giggles Mama said to Daddy, I can hear the fireworks, but Beau has been sleeping all through the movie.

She left the TV on turned down to just a little from the 87 decibels daddy needs and  
I slept all night.  All Night!
I slept All Night on The 4th of July, even though Mama did not.
She said the booms went on louder than ever at 8 different houses until after midnight.
She was happy though because I was sleeping.
The next night we ALL slept ALL night and lived happily ever after.
Except when we woke up The Tree Man Did Not Come and Take Down the Tree.


14 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I see your pretty eyelashes, Beau! We saw this movie too, and the little dog was my favorite part.

CheerfulMonk said...

I'm glad you finally got some sleep!

Tigger's Mum said...

Do you get any daytime sleep Beau? You shoukd practice the art of cat napping. Paw smacks Mr T

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Well, there you are - the dog kept you company without the fuss of having to deal with it in person! Win-win, I say. Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

Ann said...

I don't know if I have ever seen that movie or not. Are the pawrentz crazy thinking you would love a little dog in the house. That would mean having to share EWWWW :)

eileeninmd said...

Hello Beau,

You must be a good sleeper. I would be awake from all the noise, just like your Mama was awake. That little doggie is cute, but I can see why you do not want to share the love. HUGS, have a happy day!

My Mind's Eye said...

Beau may you Saturday be filled with peace and quiet.
Hugs Cecilia

Millie and Walter said...

That was so nice of your mom to leave the TV on so you could sleep, Beau. We could do without those nights of booms, too.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That's awesome that you were able to sleep. The fireworks can definitely be annoying.

Brian's Home Blog said...

Hooray for getting some good sleep Beau, it's always important!

Myra/Mevely said...

I loved that movie, but all I can remember is Verdell. In fact, I was obsessed and wanted one of my own -- that is until I discovered how expensive those puppies are!
So glad you got a good night's sleep, dear Beau!

PS - Sorry to be so late; we had a terrific thunderstorm that knocked out power ... and killed my desktop. I'm trying to type on Tom's Chromebook; bleah.

Marvelous Marv said...

We are glad that the fireworks booms did not keep you awake Beau! Purrfect! And that little dog is cute. Our Mom says she would like a little dog. Cinnamon and us cats voted NO too! We are on your side buddy! Purrs Marv

Ojo said...

Hi friend, Ojo here! Hurray for sleep! Also, I agree - all that Boom Money could be used to buy toys... and treats!!!

Rose said...

I amngkad you git your Beau-ty sleep...just have to say I love your Sunday selfies!