Sunday, May 29, 2022

The Visitor

 

recreation using archive photos


Last night, Mama and Daddy were standing on the pool deck, patiently waiting, discussing world issues, while I pondered where to make a deposit for my 5 pm visit to the back yard. 
Suddenly I started Barking Wildly, and race up to the front of the fence, raced back to them, raced up again, you know like when I used to play ball.
Suddenly a lady they did not know appeared right on the other side of the fence, she was running down the OTHER side of my fence. I always bark if people run. the pawrentz stood staring at her and she ran in the back yard next door, went to the door at the house that is empty and bent over. 
they were thinking maybe she was the new owner.
She Stood UP 
and she had Angel Arty in her arms.
No kidding, we all thought Angel Artie had come down to visit me.
Another lady came running across the street from the Yellow House and she had a stuffy and she was yelling, did you find him? Did you find him?

Of course, she did idiot woman, she has Arty right there in her arms. He came from heaven to visit me.
Mama said, Oh My, did he get away from you? The lady said Yes, and he is fast.
Mama said I am so happy he is ok, that is a busy street for a dog to cross.
She was trying to be nice instead of saying How did you let him get in that street?
it was rush hour traffic and it could have ended badly, but it did not.
She came inside and got her zoom camera because she NOTED there were 2 strange cars in the driveway beside the owner's car.
The Zoom Lens Says Minnesota on the license plates. they were both from Minnesota!
Mama Had to Know who they were and where they were from.

We still love you and miss you Arty, thanks for the angel visit
If anyone has heard from Da Phenny and Da Nelly and Pawrentz, please leave it in comments. Many of us are truly concerned they have disappeared off their blog.

17 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello Beau,
Sounds like some excitement happening there, I am glad the cute little dog was ok. HUGS, have a happy day!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
OMD, Beau, that was a little bit different for your day! I guess that wee fella was sneaky and made a dash for it the minute his peeps blinked! Thank goodness all were safe.

No word from the Weim-bros at my end despite differing forms of contact. I am concerned now and am putting up prayers. Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

Chatty Crone said...

You don't miss a thing do you?

Ginny Hartzler said...

Oh goodness, I just hate it when bloggers totally disappear and leave no word. Because you just KNOW if they are only taking a break, they would let us know. Then that means catastrophe! I still wonder about ones who have disappeared many years ago. Arty is so cute, and looks very sweet. And your next door dog may be joining him if his Pawrents don't keep a better eye on him.

Millie and Walter said...

That sure was an exciting rescue. We're glad it turned out with a happy ending, and you got a little message from Angel Arty. We checked Facebook and saw that the Weim Brothers mom hasn't posted since the 25th. Now we are worried too.

Tigger's Mum said...

Beau, tell your humum to go and get some oats, or wheat, to sow in a pot (or look in the seed section of a plant shop for cat grass seeds). I don't know about you but i much prefer it if a human picks select blades and holds them out for my consideration (unless it that feathery seed head stuff and then i just chew it out of spite and hide the after-effect in shoes). I used to put mice in shoes (live mice). It keeps them contained while I decide what to serve with them.

Brian's Home Blog said...

Dang, that really was Angel Arty, WOW! We're worried about the Weims too.

WFT Nobby said...

Oh how we adored Arty and would love to meet him again.
Worried too here about the Weims.

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

We have friends who live 10 minutes away from them and have just asked them to check on Da Phenny & Co. They will swing by their house tomorrow. We'll keep everyone posted.

Woofs,
Ollie

Debby@Just Breathe said...

So much excitement going on! Have you found anything else out yet?

Mevely317 said...

What a fright -- especially poor Arty's twin. He's come a LONG way from Minnesota and maybe doesn't realize his new house is his HOME now. Can you even imagine his terror with all the cars and unfamiliar terrain? I hope and pray his momma is more diligent going forward.

Kten said...

How lovely to have angelic visitors. We have not heard from Phenny and Nelly and have been off the grid for a few days, will let you know if we do. Stay safe. Lee and Phod

CheerfulMonk said...

What a sweet looking pup! I'm glad the visitor was safe, and I'm sorry about your Arty.

DeniseinVA said...

Sweetie for sure, so glad he was okay. Hope you find out about Da Phenny and Da Nelly and Pawrentz.

Susan from Bucks County said...

I am way behind reading blogs. I hope Phenny and Nelly and Folks are ok.

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

Oh BEau, I'm so glad you got my message...I miss all my bloggy buddies...and since it was almost my birthday, I thought I would let you know I was thinking of you!
xoxo,
Angel Arty

lexitheschnauzer said...

We were thinking in was an Arty impersonator until we read the message from Angel Arty himself! Do you think those were angels come to return him to the other side of the bridge?
We wish your Mama lived next to us, she would always know if something wasn't right! (And we could come visit you and get lots of lovin') XOX Xena, Lucy and Chia and Riley