Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Memorial Day Photo Ops

 


It was Memorial Day 2022
I was watching Daddy at the grill, happy with just us Two.
There Mama came out of the house,
Daddy saw the camera and roared like a mouse.
NO! NO!
 do NOT take my photo,
 I got up and moved, I had had enough. 
Mama went in the house in a huff.
I heard her mumble, well , I tried.
Daddy brought the pork fingers inside, 
Mama served our dinner
mine was a winner.
3 bites of sweet potato and 4 bites of egg,
Also 3 tiny bites of pork, even though I did for more did beg.
All went well, and when we were done,
Daddy flopped on the sofa and to him I did run.
Let the PHUN begin.
Mama grabbed the Nikon again
and said I need photos for your blog, Beau
Daddy said Why? you already have a thousand or so.

HA HA HA HA
we will show you in order over the next few days 
Below are the first EIGHT
I know you can hardly wait.

Keep up with me mama, if you can
I walked fast, I may have even ran.
I looked at Daddy, I looked away
I looked at the camera quickly but would not stay.

Note from Mama!  Da Phenny and Da Nelly are MIA from blogging because they have no internet.




16 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Great poem, and Mama DID get a bit of daddy in, as well!

WFT Nobby said...

We would love to hear your Daddy roaring like a mouse!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
BOL, there is no denying the work of the mummarazzi!!! (And thanx for the heads up on the Weim Bros.) Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

eileeninmd said...

Great poem Beau! Your meal sounds yummy. I love seeing your photos, you should pose nicely for your Mama. HUGS, have a happy day!

Rose said...

Beau, you should paws for a pose for your posse of followers...we all love to see you. Mama only does this with your best interest at heart.

Chatty Crone said...

Beau hops right on the sofa doesn't he? Is that his pillow???

My Mind's Eye said...

Beau that was phunny
Hugs Cecilia

Millie and Walter said...

If you keep moving, Beau, your mom will not be able to take many good pictures. We do love seeing you and your dinner sounds yummy.

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

BOL!! Your Mama sure did try, didn't she???

Theanks again for the Phenny and Nellie news!
xoxo,
Rosy

Mevely317 said...

Pork fingers? Ymmmmmmm!
Beau, it sounds like your daddy and Tom feel the same way about cameras as you do. Is that just a 'guy' thang?
Your momma and me are gonna have to step up our game!

Sandee said...

Always wonderful to see you, Beau. I laughed at dads feet. Mom sure got his feet in those shots. Glad you had a great day yesterday.

Have a woof woof day, Beau. My best to your funny mom. ♥

The Happy Whisk said...

Such a good pup! And a good writer, too!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Glad that you guys grilled out yesterday. I seen to get the same reaction from James lately. He's not thrilled that I want pictures!!

CheerfulMonk said...

😊❤️👍

Brian's Home Blog said...

Howdy handsome Beau! Was you Daddy doin' the foot scootin' boogie?

lexitheschnauzer said...

We didn't get anything special for Memorial Day, Beau *pout*. We see you finally gave up and let your Mama take your picture. XOX Lucy and Xena