Monday, January 31, 2022

My NEW Best Friend


There we were, walking down the street,
I was walking along with mama, looking so sweet.
A man and a lady came up behind us.
Mama turned and said, you can walk on by, he's a dog you can trust
Beau loves people, he's a really good boy.
The man's face lit up with joy,
He petted my face, he scratched my ears,
He hugged my head, he said you are a good boy, that is clear.
His lady did the same, she even hugged my head.
Your head is really big, is what she said.
The man stood up, I butted his leg,
and did not make me beg.
He squatted down again, and I backed myself in,
and for my troubles more pets I did win.
His Lady said Oh my, how cute,
may I please a photo shoot?
Mama laughed and said, of course you can,
could you please take another one with me, I have a plan.

The man said to mama, is he a therapy dog?
I was so good; they were both agog. 
mama said, I don't know, but as you can see,
if he wasn't, he really should be.
Mama said, will you email these to me,
And the lady did, as you can see.

As they walked away, we heard the man say Beau is a perfect dog!
And you all know I am, because you follow my blog.



21 comments:

Liz Hamblyn said...

Of course, you are perfect dog. Was there ever any doubt?

Tigger's Mum said...

Beau you really know how to attract orange humans. Interesting about the therapy dog stuff. I've been told that when we go back to UK I will have a job as a therapy cat. Do you think it means doing massage and walking on spines, or listening to life stories? Paw smacks Mr T

Rose said...

You are the PURRFECT love! I am envious of them actually getting to hug you.

easyweimaraner said...

that is so great... we would stop to pet you too, because you are the the one and only and bestest Beau...

WFT Nobby said...

Well naturally, you are the perfect dog Beau. We all knew that already, but it does no harm to have it repeated.

eileeninmd said...

Hello Beau,
It is always nice to meet new friends, I hope you see them again on your walks. You are the perfect dog, so well behaved. HUGS, have a happy day!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
This post just made my heart sing, Beau boy
with cap 'ell' Love and abundant joy
for there is not doubt, not a scintilla,
that you are 'the Dog', yes you are the fella
who can reach into peeps and bring out their best
and then you can go and peacefully rest!!!

Hugs and wgas, YAM-aunty xxx

(pee ess - I am LOVIN the orange tops...)

Ann said...

This is so sweet. I'm not surprised that you made new friends so easy. You and your mom can make friends anywhere you go. :)

Chatty Crone said...

Oh my goodness of course he is perfect!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mind's Eye said...

Beau OMDs what a wonderful heart warming story. I'm so happy you and mom met the nice people...I can tell you are in your happy zone...My heart is singing
Hugs Cecilia

Sandee said...

I love this wonderful encounter. You are indeed the very best pup out there, Beau.

Have a woof woof day and week. My best to your peeps. ♥

Millie and Walter said...

How sweet that you and your mom made some new friends. He even was wearing a matching orange sweatshirt just like your mom's.

Marvelous Marv said...

We KNOW that you are purrfect Beau (just like us) and we are always glad when other people find out and love you too!

Mevely317 said...

This SO warms the cockles of my heart! Do you know if these people have a dog(s) of their own? I'm thinking he and you (Beau) really hit it off. After all, you are the best judge of a person's character.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That is such a sweet story and I love the photos.

Hootin Anni said...

This is such a wonderful saga of how sweet you are BEAU!! AND, I am lovin' these photos.

Your post made my day complete.

Martha said...

Who wouldn't just love you and your mama too?!

Brian's Home Blog said...

That was so sweet Beau and we enjoyed hearing about your fan club!

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

Aren't new friends awesome?!!
xoxo,
Jakey, Sunny & Rosy

CheerfulMonk said...

You and your mom warm my heart. ❤️

lexitheschnauzer said...

Awww, it's so good to make folks happy, Beau. I went for a walk with Mom and Chia today and got made to hurry back home because Chia kept screaming at the people and dogs walking toward us and Mom said she just can't take it anymore and we ran in the kennel and huddled together. Now THAT was a first and something I didn't think I would EVER do. I'd rather go walking with you, Beau. XOX Xena