Thursday, December 9, 2021

Waiting and Watching

 


Mama sat in her chair, commenting to you,
I lay on the sofa, with nothing to do.
I shifted around, I licked my paw
I tried to sleep, then sighed Oh Shaw
I rounded the sofa, I stood and stared,
she followed me snapping which is NOT so rare.
Stop it mama, I am waiting, can't you see?
I am patiently waiting for Daddy, no, I don't have to pee.
Daddy is in that garage, who knows what he is doing,
while inside the house my lips I am chewing.
Mama took 87 7 photos of me as I waited,
She never even thought I was much frustrated. 
In a few minutes that door will open,
I know this will happen because I am hoping
it will soon be time for the dinner bell to ring,
when that happens, I will start woo woo and sing
and daddy will himself, into the house bring.

PS from Mama.. this thing of bob in the garage is new to Beau, the entire year since Beau rescued us, Bob has been unable to stand or work in the garage. The new knee has helped him go back to playing with his RC airplanes.
The left knee is set for Dec 20.. 
We are thankful Daddy can stand
We are Thankful Daddy can get the other knee fixed.
Mama said to tell you she is thankful I rescued them and that they could rescue ME...
What else would she do with her time???



19 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I think you may be a Daddy's boy, Beau!

easyweimaraner said...

we are so happy for you and your dad... and we bet your mama is happy too... so a win win thing for you all... the world can be so goooood...

Ann said...

That is awesome that your daddy can get back out in the garage and work on his planes. Not so good for a dog who's waiting for him though.

eileeninmd said...

Beau, you are blessed with a Mama and Daddy who love you. It is wonderful your Daddy is doing so well with his new knee. I hop all goes well with the next knee. HUGS, have a happy day!

Rose said...

Oh, Beau...you fill their world with love. So glad your daddy can be outside and enjoy it.

ZOOLATRY said...

Loverly!

(OMD ... why surgery just before Christmas and New Years ... he will be your
very own Scrooge/Grinch ... have coal handy for his stockings ... both of them!)

ZOOLATRY said...

Actually ... I cannot tell a lie (GW said that, tho in truth he did not!) ...
(1) great Beau photos
(2) we hope the Daddy is not grinch-like, this time 'round he knows what to expect
and so do YOU ... we wish him well, and YOU, too!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
BOL - I wonder what mum would do without you too! I hope you didn't have to wait too much longer after these shots - and I second Zoolatry's second comment!!! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

My Mind's Eye said...

Multiple Beaus!!!
Yay for Dad being able to get back to some of his routine
Hugs Cecilia

Chatty Crone said...

Daddy's boy all right!

Mevely317 said...

Oh Beau, you're so cute!
Macie and Grace's daddy doesn't have a garage, but spends most of his days in something he calls his workshop (shed) playing with his RC stuff.
Have you considered asking daddy if you can't come along and help?

Brian's Home Blog said...

A change in the "normal" can sure be confusing sometimes Beau!

WFT Nobby said...

We love your poem Beau, and we love it that your Daddy can stand comfortably in his garage again. But most of all we love that you have found such a happy home.

Sandee said...

What a wonderful poem, Beau. We know you're daddy's boy. I love it that mom takes so many photographs of you and all the editing she does is awesome.

Have a woof woof day, Beau. My best to your mom. ♥

Millie and Walter said...

We know how you feel, Beau. We don't like it either if our dad disappears. Around here he goes into the basement to work in his wood shop. Millie will hide in the laundry room if she hears any power equipment going on. We're glad that your dad is feeling so much better that he is able to enjoy a hobby again.

CheerfulMonk said...

I'm glad your dad can work on his panes again, and that you rescued them.

Marvelous Marv said...

Hee! Hee! It is nice to know that other pets are frustrated by their Peeps!

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

That is all so good, Beau. We hope your legs are doing well too. We love that collage of "you" that Mama created.

Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That is wonderful news about daddy being able to stand in the garage and check out his planes. Sorry your missing him in the house with you.