Friday, July 23, 2021

Bats, Mama and ME

 


My time to walk is always the same,
I walk with my Mama, cause Daddy is lame.

For months and months, it was 6:15
no earlier no later, or so it would seem.

the past 3 days, I have to wait. 
And wait and wait and wait.

I woo and I woo and bark real loud,
She just sits there unmoving like her head is in a cloud.

On Saturday morning, Mama went to the store,
Daddy took over, and walked in the dark, and I back wanting more.

He left at 6 am, it was still dark,
I thought oh boy, this will be a lark.

Sunday morning at 6 am, 
I said to Mama, lets walk early just  like him.

She said, Beau you know mama doesn't walk in the dark,
and it doesn't matter how much you bark.

You see the reason is the bats are there,
they fly and zoom and try to sit in my hair.

The bats don't bother me, I don't even know they are there,
they don't seem to notice all MY hair.

If you were here, would you walk me in the dark?
Or would you sit in the chair and let me bark?
Would you watch me pace pace
and beg with my face?
Or would you cave,
and become my slave?
Would you give in and let me have my way,
or would you wait for the sun and at home we stay?

For Rosy on Nature Friday




18 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this poem. I read it like a short novel, and it was suspensful!! When I was a little girl, a bat flew on my head. Sorry, Beau, I am with Mom. You would have to WAIT for your walking DATE. Do you know where they are coming from? The rose is perfectly gorgeous.

easyweimaraner said...

with bats the mama is out... there is this ole wife saying, that they attack wimmen with long hair and the mama sticks with that...no way to go out for her if bat(wo)man is on patrol hahahaha

Ann said...

I'm sorry Beau, but I would make you wait till daylight. I don't hate bats but I don't want them swooping down into my hair.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
I like the dark - so Beau, that wouldn't be the reason for me not to take you... but then again, when out walking I like to look around, so I'm afraid I'm on the 'be patient' team! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

eileeninmd said...

Hello Beau,

Love the cute poem. I do not like walking in the dark, I need to see where and what I am walking on, lol. I do see the bats flying around my yard in the early evenings, they do not bother me. You may have good eyes to see in the dark. HUGS, have a happy day and a great walk.

Mevely317 said...

Sorry, Beau ... I'm with yo momma on this one. Never have I ever seen a bat, but don't like surprises. I'm more concerned about the possibilities of Bad Guys lurking in the dark.

Gorgeous rose!

Martha said...

I would probably let you out in the back yard in case you really have to go, but then wait for the light to go for your walk.

Brian's Home Blog said...

Sometimes ya just gotta wait for the humans Beau!

Millie and Walter said...

Our mom says it's better to wait until it's light out. There are probably fewer mosquitoes out then too.

Chatty Crone said...

Pretty rose - but no bats for me.

My Mind's Eye said...

I know there is a reason all God's creatures are on the earth and I keep reminding myself that about bats, snakes etc. I don't go out after dusk for many reasons: 1. skeeters love me 2. Bat but ALAS bats eat skeeters so I am happy to let them have the airways after dusk
Hugs Cecilia

Sandee said...

I love you, Beau, but I'm with your mom on this one. Love the poem.

Have a woof woof day and weekend. My best to your peeps. ♥

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

OMD..BATS??? We would LOVE to see a bat!!! Of course, our Mama is like yours...and would rather NOT see a bat!

Thanks so much for my Rosy Rose!!
xoxo,
Rosy and the Gang

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Beau, if our Mom knew there were bats around in the dark, no way would she walk. She doesn't like to walk in the dark anyway, OR drive in it. There was an alert here the other day that a rabid bat had been found in someone's house. That would be very scary.

Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

lexitheschnauzer said...

I'm with your Mom. No walking in the dark.

KB said...

I'd definitely wait for daylight so that I could see everything around me! Your mom knows best!

CheerfulMonk said...

Great poem! 😀

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I would sit in the chair and let you bark. I'm not going to deal with the bats!!!