Sunday, November 15, 2020

new bed

 


Mama got me a new fluffy bed,
she did not buy it because it was Red.
She said, Beau,
I hope you know,
I noticed that although we have 6 dog beds,
 you to rarely rest your head on one of those beds.
this red bed was found by accident, 
the restroom was closed, so to the other one I went.
the rest room at the back of the store
is so far, it made me sore.
But the path led mama through the Canine supplies
and there it was, right in front of her eyes.
She dragged carried it to the check out center
and swiping the tag, the price it did enter.
Now I have my very on bed, and I sleep like a log,
there is not ONE scent of another DOG.

Mama Here. the beds we had when we adopted Beau,
were really old, and belonged to other dogs, you know.
2 were from Jake, 2 were from Big Boy, 1 was from Baby
2 were 10 years old, 1 was 8, the other was 2, so time to change, don't you think maybe?
We covered it with a sheet, because Beau is really hot natured and fuzzy beds make him hot.
I am thinking, for winter, we can use the sheet or NOT.


19 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

It is beautiful! Big and comfy! Of course he will not sleep where there is another dog's scent, he needs something all his own. Hmmm, Wal-Mart has the pet supplies in the back, so that is likely where you bought this.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari om
Beau you scored well with this smart bed. You look so handsome in those lumberjack colours!!! Hugs and wags YAM-aunty xxx

eileeninmd said...

Hello Beau,

Your new bed is wonderful, smells new too. You look really comfy and cute laying down on your new red bed. HUGS, have a happy day!

Rose said...

Red so suits you, Beau! You look do handsome!

Brian's Home Blog said...

You do look very happy on your new bed Beau!

Mevely317 said...

As you should, m'dear!
Love that lumberjack pattern, but mostly how super comfy you look!

My Mind's Eye said...

Beau...well it was a winner to me as soon as I saw you love it and most of all IT IS RED! Looks like Orange Thang likes it too
Hugs cecilia

Victor S E Moubarak said...

What a lovely dog in his new Scottish tartan bed.

God bless.

Hailey and Zaphod and their Lady said...

How nice to have a special bed.

Millie and Walter said...

How wonderful that your mom got you a special new bed for you. You look very comfy there.

Martha said...

Your very own bed! I told you your mama was going to spoil you :)

photowannabe said...

So happy that Beau has his own cozy bed. I love that sheet covering it. It should be orange though..haha..
Beau, you have the best expressions on your face.
Sue

Jo said...

Dear Beau, you needed your own bed and your discerning Mama recognized this. What a beautiful boy you are. You look very cozy and comfortable on you own bed.

Chatty Crone said...

I like it and it is all yours!

Ann said...

Oh yes, Beau needed a bed all his own that had never been slept in before. I love this one because I love Buffalo PLaid

Ojo said...

Hi friend! Ojo here! What a lovely poem about the red bed! Do you love it??? (If not I think I might like it, it looks very comfortable!) Also we looked at your post about Jake and he is jumping very high! I used to be able to jump like that! Now I sort of can, but maybe it's best if I jump a little lower these days.

Matilda the Boxer said...

That sure looks like a comfy bed, and you look very happy on it!

lexitheschnauzer said...

Lucy: Hmm, I think my bed downstairs belonged to Angel Lexi.But Mom's washed the cover to it so many times now that I'm no longer sure. I don't care, it's mine now.
Xena: I was with Mommy when she bought my red downstairs bed at the Smart Pet store. But I know the one I sleep in in the Living Room was Riley's. I can smell him in it and it makes me happy to steal, er, use his old bed.
We both are super glad you got your own bed, Beau and you look like you belong on it. XOX

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I love the bed! Really cute.
Skye's latest bed was from Charlie, Amber's dog, after he passed away. We took it home from Montana well over a year ago. Now Finley is using it. We left it with them after Skye passed away.