Sunday, October 25, 2020

Joy cometh in the morning mourning

 


On Tuesday August 11, 2020, our lives changed forever. We rushed our Big Boy to the vet, barely breathing, struggling and heart beating out of his chest. Nine weeks later On Oct 9, 2020, he went over the rainbow bridge in the Animal ER.

Big took a big chunk of my heart with him. Some of you know that I lost 67 lbs in the year 2017 and kept it the same weigh for 3 years. I gained 3 lbs from the Covid-19 shutdown, and when Big was diagnosed I gained 4 more lbs. 

For that period of time that I hand fed, and took care of my Big, I could not eat anything but comfort carbs. for breakfast white bread toast or biscuits, pasta or pizza for lunch, saltines and peanut butter for dinner. I could not swallow a bite of healthy food, no meat no veggies. Healthy food choked me.

Big could not walk, so I did not....


Enter Beau the Healer dog.... 11 days and counting and I am able to eat properly and walk for exercise. I lost those 4 lbs.

I say this to say, if your heart breaks and you lose a pet, that pet can not be replaced but you can love another, and save a pet that needs you. and even though you still will hurt, you will heal while hurting.

My mothers favorite verse of Scripture was Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning” (Psalm 30:5, NKJV)

 When you wake up each morning, God sends you a special delivery of joy. It's like it comes knocking at the door of your heart every day.

When you open your heart to a pet that NEEDS you, Weeping may endure for the night, but Joy comes in the mourning/morning...  Adopt a Pet, they need you, and you just might need them...



20 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

You are still mourning, yet you lost the weight! Amazing! And are back to your healthy diet. Well, I think you needed a break from nothing but healthy food for so long anyway. I can only go so long dieting, then I break over and stuff myself till I am sick. But a few controlled breaks now and then can prevent that.

ZOOLATRY said...

Sometimes we just need to find a way to fill an empty heart and until Beau came to fill it, you found another way. Do not regret your choices at the time. I wrote similar thoughts (tho in a more lighthearted manner, which I can do now thanks to the passage of time, on October 16) ... but here you have opened up your heart and soul, a courageous thing to do. It is a mystery how things come to be, did Big send Beau your way, did he know Beau was needed ~ needed quickly, fast, soon. A simple answer is yes. And Beau has brought all the love Big would have given in the years to come had he been allowed to stay with you. But he was called elsewhere. Beau has "big" paws to fill, he is already doing so ~ smartly, beautifully, kindly. And know he is not only filling up your heart ... but the hearts of those who come here and those who also treasure their own memories of Big.
Love forever.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I am happy for you to feel joy in the morning. Congrats on the weight loss. No dog can be replaced, they all have their own personalities.
They are all lovable and fun to be around. HUGS, wishing you a happy day!

Mevely317 said...

Beautiful. I wish I'd known you back in 2013. When Caraleigh passed my heart not only shattered but I became angry and bitter. Mistakenly, I believed that getting another dog would be disloyal. Stupid, I know.
I wasn't familiar with that Bible verse but it's perfect. Thank you ... and Beau, too!
xoxoxo

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

This is such Good advice for anyone going through a similar loss. Thanks for sharing, Sandra.

Martha said...

It is always so hard when we lose a pet. I'm glad you are healing and back on track with your own health. I knew sweet Beau would help you through all while you are helping him too.

Rose said...

That is such a good verse...and it is true. I am glad your joy is there to wake with you every day. And apparently he is happy, too.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
...well spoken, my friend... YAM xx

Brian's Home Blog said...

Beau was sent your way for that exact reason, he is such a blessing.

My Mind's Eye said...

You and Bob and BB gave each other treasured memories and oh so much love.
BB pave the way to your heart for your BEAU(tiful) to reside
I love the Bible verse
Hugs Cecilia

Millie and Walter said...

It's never easy to loose a beloved pet but we have also filled that void quickly. Like you said there is always a pup or kitty that needs a new home. We never forget our lost loves but the new love will help with the healing. We're glad to hear you are getting back to your old self and know Beau is the reason.

Chatty Crone said...

I love that bible verse - it is true - God doesn't want us to mourn forever - but there sure is a time for it!

photowannabe said...

Beautifully said Sandra.
Joy does come in the morning/mourning.
I'm so glad the healing process...and it is a process...has begun.
(((hugs)))
Sue

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That's a wonderful Bible verse! I'm so glad that through the pain you have found some happiness.

Anni said...

Again, with tears in my eyes, I type this...your words cannot be topped. Well stated! And it's good to read you lost what you gained.

Anni said...

Ps...I just copied the scripture & sent it to myself. I will print this passage & live, remembering it.

Ann said...

Very well said. I am so happy that you have Beau to help you find joy and to heal the pain of losing Big

lexitheschnauzer said...

Trying not to cry. Lucy was my healer and prepared me for another schnauzer, who is also Lucy's best friend (well, other than Ella).

Ida said...

This is a beautiful post! - I've always said you can never replace the ones you've lost but you can open your heart to another that needs love.

Matilda the Boxer said...

Oh Beau, it's a big job healing your human's heart. But it's such an impawtant one! And eventually they stop being so sad all the time and are happy just because you're YOU!