Sunday, September 27, 2020

fried it tried it

 

Mama Talkin today
No new photos of my boy because it stresses him..

the new pill is working, but not as good as it should, but the counted pee was 5 for the day, drank water 4 times. YAY!!!!  I never thought I would be following him around counting how many ounces of water  he drinks and times he pees. 

 Big ate liver and broth for 2 weeks,  stopped 5 days ago and will not touch it or the broth... Yesterday I fried it in olive oil. NOPE

Each day I try different things. He eats it once then will not touch it. Fridge is of full of left overs that will be tossed out...

The NOPE list that was on the yes list but not now
yogurt  , 1 slurp from finger
peanut butter
jelly
baby food
bagel or cream cheese
3 kinds of cheese
grits
rice pudding  1 slurp from my finger
crackers
bread and offerings of everything we ate
no to bones and even his beloved venison treats.

Yesterday he ate 2 slice deli ham, that is how he gets am and pm pills, 5 bites Pork from BBQ grill, 1 burger, 4 oz. 3 bowls lactaid free milk, 2 oz per bowl.

At 4 pm I  was in panic mode and cooked him the hamburger.
He ate all of it.. that was it.
Looks like food of choice is Meat..
Yesterday he rode and sat up the whole 30 minutes, staring in wonder at every thing.
That was yesterday, today so far he ate the ham and pills and refused all else.
We rode him the the polling place to drop off our absentee ballots, and half way through the ride he collapsed on the seat and we came home.
I offered every thing, no no no, Bob offered PB on cracker, he said NO.
at 8:30 I made myself a peanut butter cracker, 2 unsalted saltines with my nothing added peanut butter.
He lifted his head and stared, I hand it to him. He ate It. He ate 3 total, drank milk, drank water.
My thoughts and others who have gone through this, plus the Vet, is he is not hungry because the fluids are filling him up.... Praying the fluids will continue to drop with these new pills.

23 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

This is wonderful news! Try MEAT baby food, they love that! Try the turkey, and the beef. Try both smooth, and chunky toddler food. And what about peanut butter cereal? That is real tasty, and would be light on his stomach. My own theory of why he won't eat most things more than once is...maybe it makes him kind of sick to eat, so he has a bad association with previous food.

Mevely317 said...

What Ginny said makes sense, doesn't it? I do believe Big's challenges are turning us all into amateur veterinarians. Do you think it's because he sees YOU eating something, that makes it seem more interesting? (Remembering the times I'd pretend to eat baby Troy's gruel ...)
Still praying!

My Mind's Eye said...

Sandra...you are the best Mama BB could ever have.
There is a delicate balance on what is good one day and not the next.
I also threw away lots of canned fancy feast...Angel Madi would eat it once very very eagerly fresh out of the can so I'd offer her at least 1/2 a can.
Once it was cold slam bam no thank you ma'am...
hugs to you and BB
Cecilia

Brian's Home Blog said...

We hope those pills continue to work, it's tough to eat when you fill full. Love you Big Boy!

crafty cat corner said...

Such a worry for you both. I know we have to temp Rupert to eat his food with the laxtive in every day and worry ourselves sick if he hasn't drunk any water so I know what you are going through Sandra. I do hope he picks up soon.
Briony
x

Hailey and Zaphod and their Lady said...

POTP

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I am praying the pills are helping BB, we all hope you feel better and start to eat more. Hugs, take care!

Martha said...

Just keep trying anything you can! I have a kitty that I'm having the same trouble with over this past week. I guess anything we can get down them is better than nothing. Praying the pills start working better soon.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
I was thinking also that seeing you eat would be part of the attraction of the saltines... POTP... YAM xx

Inger said...

Your love is huge, it embraces him, it makes him feel calm and secure. He may not understand all the details of what you do for him, all the work that you put into getting him to eat and feel better, but he knows how much you love him. And that's really all that matters. Love.

photowannabe said...

(Hugs) Praying that the pills begin to do what they are suppose to do..
BB please eat, do your business and feel better.
Sue

CheerfulMonk said...

🙏 Praying the pills work. I'm so sorry you all have to go through this.

Millie and Walter said...

We are keeping our paws crossed that the new pills continue to work.

Hootin Anni said...

I have nothing to add from all others above my commenting...just know I know the stress you all are going thru, and Big Boy too.

Chatty Crone said...

I am with all your friends here. Prayers for the new pill - for Big Boy - and you two. Hugs.

Rose said...

Oh, you cannot believe how many times I have thought of Big and you this day...I was here early, but did not come back till now. You're all in my thoughts and prayers

Linda said...

Baby food sounds like a good idea! Ginny has such good ideas.
I know this whole thing stresses you out....praying Big continues to improve.

Ann said...

That's frustrating that he will eat something once then not again. What Ginny suggested makes sense though. He could be thinking that the food is what's making him feel so bad. I wish I had suggestions to give you. You seem to be doing everything you can to make him comfortable though. All you can do is keep on trying and praying.

lexitheschnauzer said...

I am sure you are right about the water feeling filling. I can imagine your angst. Be careful with the ham...can cause pancreatitis.

Heidrun Khokhar, KleinsteMotte said...

Very sad that Big Boy is so weak with heart issue and water retention. So sooty he only just came into your live a while ago.

catladymac said...

So glad you are willing to keep trying ! That is all you can do - sendingpurrayers

My Tata's Cottage said...

Always praying, you are such a good mom keeping that sweet boy knowing how loved he is and trying anything to make him feel better. We will always be praying. HUGS across the miles XO XO XO XO

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I'm praying the new pill continues to work and gets the fluids out. My heart aches for you and Bob.
I didn't know that polling places were already open to accept the ballots.