Friday, June 26, 2020

Sssssnake N our Yard, again




Mama says to tell you ONCE AGAIN, I am the best boy of ALL...she chose this photo for today because I have never peed or pooped in the house in TWENTY ONE Months... and is proof of my BBBB.... BEST Big Beautiful Boy EVER. Warning Snake below, scroll fast for the story of this weeks snake. 

 All the angel dogs that lived with Mama and Daddy were Sssnake Killers.... This photo is from a prior post and  is the first time I met a snake in our yard, but Mama put me in the house quickly, I had only lived here 4 months and Mama did not know how I would react and she did not want me to harm the snake. 

Mama says click here if you want to see how they can wind through a fence. Mama and daddy love the black snakes that live here.. The other post explains why. They eat Rodents is at top of the list..

This Tuesday Morning! Daddy went with me in the yard to hang up his bathing suit, Mama came out to say she would make his cheese toast and Mama Said Look, look at your feet!

I LOOKED! I ran over to put my nose on the snake under the swing. Mama said in a calm voice, Big, no no! I looked at her, I looked at the snake, I got closer to the snake, Mama said No No and I turned and walked to the door and laid down to watch the fun. Blue Ribbon Behavior!  

Mama and daddy were excited, they kept sayin Big is the ONLY dog we ever had that LISTENED when there was a snake, Mama said, remember we had to hold on to collars and drag them away from the snakes. there was more but I will spare you.

 It got pretty boring when they were not talking about me. In fact this snake has taken my blog over.

You see the humans hang their wet suits on the frame work to the swing that is OLD and falling apart and needs to be at the curb for pickup

 butt     someonewhohasnocluebutknowseverythingbetter refuses to drag it out there... he says we NEED it to hang stuff on. Sometimes I hear LOUD words about the swing..

They did not tell me, but 2 weeks ago, mama saw the snake, under the swing, watched it STAND up and put its head in the green canvas, and slowly draw up until it disappeared. 

She did get a little excited thinking she had SAT on the green thing the day before, and wondered if there were babies in there and now she will not SIT on the decrepit swing... 

Tuesday after I walked away they watched it go up inside the cover and disapear .. . Mama was so excited she FORGOT TO TAKE PHOTOS. and now I heard her say, I guess we have to keep the swing because it may have a family in it...

I heard mama say, the most we ever had that we knew about was 5, and she cried when the biggest one was run over by a car.  Rosy how is this for Nature Friday???

(thank you to Easy Blog for that word describing hubbies, been waiting to use it for a week or so.. )

15 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

B.B. you are the best behaved dog EVER!!! Mama is so generous to love snakes. I don't care what they eat, we both hate and are terrified of them. When they come on T.V. (a lot), we scan forward through them so we don't have to look at them. They have divided tongues and are the Devil's spawn.

easyweimaraner said...

seems we have hubbies what are related... we clap our hands with eggs-citement, you are a super smart pup... our mama has a horrible snake-o-phobia, the whole kraal was on alert as she discovered a huge 87ft anaconda in our garden... to tell da truth , it was a blindworm, shorter than the tail of da phenny...

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Is that a Grass Snake, then BB? One that is more or less benign - but still not to be toyed with and you did VERY GOOD BOY behaviour!!! Good on mum for wanting to be sure the family thrives - they have their place in our world too, right? Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

Ann said...

WOW BB you are a good dog. So well behaved.
As for the snake, I'm not crazy about them but if they are good at getting rid of other less desirable critters I suppose they would be ok. Also they would have to stay clear of my personal space for sure. I can tell you I would never be able to sit in that swing again :)

eileeninmd said...

BB, you are such a good boy! I agree the snakes are good to have around controlling the rodents. But, they are still creepy.

Take care and enjoy your day!

Rose said...

Big. Beautiful! And well Behaved!

Brian's Home Blog said...

You really are super good BB and we're not fans of any snakes here!

Mevely317 said...

"It got pretty boring when they weren't talking about me." -- I nearly spit out my coffee. And then your 'husband word'? I'm RFLMAO.

Big is simply remarkable. Blue Ribbon, indeed!!!

I know it's probably just a matter of time before I spot a snake … but I'm pretty sure it will be my undoing. Not sure if by snake bite (copperheads abound) or cardiac arrest.

Sandee said...

You mind your mom so well, Big Boy. I'm impressed. I did laugh about that swing needing to go to the curb though. Now it surely has a snake family living there. Great post.

Have a woof woof day and weekend, Big Boy. My best to your peeps. ♥

My Mind's Eye said...

someonewhohasnocluebutknowseverythingbetter lol bol mol
That is so funny.
Snakes give me shivers. There have been several copperheads seen at the bottom of our cul de sac. Which backs up to a wooded area with a small creek.
We live at the top and hope they stay away
Hugs Cecilia

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Good boy! I do not like snakes. We put a powder around our boarder every spring to keep snakes away. It is safe for children and pets. It's called Liquid Fence.

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

APPAWS! APPAWS!! Great job Big, and pawfect for Nature Friday!
xoxo,
Rosy

Chatty Crone said...

What a GREAT dog - I would be scared to death!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ruby said...

WoooHoooo! Way to go BB!!!! Blue Ribbon indeed! I thinks maybe you should gets some extra cookies! And margaritas! And IScreams!
Ma kinda wishes there were snakes like that here. We gots some roof rats that I can't gets to, and a pawsome snake could come in handy! BOL!
Kisses,
Ruby ♥

lexitheschnauzer said...

Xena: I found a HUGE garden snake in our dog lot and "barked my fool head off" as Mommy says. But I listened, just like you, when Mommy told me to "leave it." She like snakes like your Mom does. Once we backed off and left it alone, it wound in and out of the chain link fence and disappeared into the woods. We haven't seen it since.