Monday, September 16, 2019

Chow Time


Most of you know my Mom has cut back my CHOW! she has me On TOPS, take off pounds sensibly, and she is starving me. Daddy kept saying, he is not that much bigger than when we got him a year ago. Below is chow time Oct of 2018.   Mom said, see? I told you, when we got him he had RIBS, now he doesn't. Then she went on and on about how 10 pounds on a dog is worse than 10 pounds on a person. I weighed 65 and now I weigh 75, well I might weight 73 now, after a month of starving...
MOM here: he gets boiled egg, ground turkey, green beans and collards and 2 medium milk bones and 1 and 1/2 cups of I Amms dog food. He is NOT starving.. but he thinks he is.



10 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

The food you give him sounds really good. And I sure can see a difference in the two pictures. But I always thought that if you can see an animals ribs, they are too thin. This is what I see on the vet shows, especially with horses.

DeniseinVA said...

Lots of love and taking care of his health and well-being. One lucky pup :) When one day we have another furry one, this is something we will make sure to look into, the kind of food and how much is healthy.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Re Ginny's comment - horses ribs ought definitely NOT to be seen. Healthy dogs, however, ought to have rib definition, but not prominent. The other measure with deep-chested dogs (as you are, BB), is there ought to be a tight 'waist', as you have in your earlier photograph. Just like hyoomans, too much thick waist does not a healthy dog make!!! Don't worry. Mummy won't let you starve. I pawmise. Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

Ann said...

Well I hate to say this BB but it doesn't sound like you are being starved with all that your momma gives you. GIve it time and you will be used to the new diet.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, BB

I think with time you will get used to your diet. It is good to eat healthy!
Have a happy day!

Chatty Crone said...

I know that feeling and so does Disco. He doesn't look heavy - but I know you want to keep him down. Sandie

Mevely317 said...

I never thought about ground turkey … how do you prepare it, and how much does Big get? LOVE that dog bowl set!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

He sounds like he is getting enough to eat. Sounds like a great diet.

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

We understand BB...But we do think your Mama is doing things the right way. Sometimes Arty thinks Mama is starving him too...
xoxo,
Rosy, Jakey & Arty

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

Ribs? What are ribs? We haven't seen them around here for ages....bwahaahaa!