Tuesday, August 27, 2019

TOPS Tips for Canines

Even on my diet I still got to Lick the Fluff Bowl. Daddy eats fluff during the week instead of sugar.

My Momma has been a member of TOPS (take off pounds sensibility ) since Feb of 2017. She knows all about how to eat and lose weight slowly.

I am on the same diet as she is, Carbs, Protein, Fat with high on Protein and low on fat/carbs. Just like she does, I get to eat some of the things I love, but only small bits or pieces. She calls it PORTION Control.

I call it Starving ME... she said to tell you it was hard holding the cell phone while I licked the bowl because I can lick the flowers off the china plates.

I love green beans and research shows All Beans are good for dogs. But NOT A LOT. Kidney beans, Black Beans, Garbanzo beans all have nutrients a canine/human needs. Mom keeps a bowl of beans in the fridge and doles them out slowly, very slowly as snacks. Furruits are good to. I loves watermelon and peaches and strawberries and apple. all in tiny pieces and counted as FOOD for the day.
I am eating the same things Mom Does but she doesn't eat my dry dog food. I wonder why? She said she is now AWARE of what she gives me and Daddy is to...

Xena and Lucy's mom says steamed greens are great for dogs. She puts them on their food.. Fresh foods are best, but Mom sneaks me canned ones after she washes off the salt. I love collards. so does mom and dad.. Sensible eating is the word....



10 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Oh, this is good advice for efurrybuddy, BB! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

Ann said...

You're one lucky dog to have a mom who knows how to feed you right.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

It is great that you love to eat healthy food! Wishing you a happy day!

Chatty Crone said...

Your diet sounds WONDERFUL! I need to do it too!

Chatty Crone said...

PS What is Fluff?

Ginny Hartzler said...

Look at those EYES! He is a fluff lover for sure! You are such a good dieter that Big Boy will be Small Boy very soon. Now I need to know. How does Bob eat fluff? What does he put it on or in? SURELY not coffee!!

Mevely317 said...

Oh Big, your eyes are killing me! But tell me, what is fluff?

My Mind's Eye said...

BB when you don't have thumbs you have to eat what is given to you.
Thank goodness you are an easy going handsome BB
Hugs Cecilia

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

Good advice--it's just the following it that's the problem around here.

lexitheschnauzer said...

You have a smart and loving Mom, Big Boy. Xox Lucy and Xena