Saturday, March 2, 2019

Happy Birthday Dr. Zeuss



I was about to write Birthday wishes for Dr Seuss, I had my hat on when all of a sudden, The Cat In The Hat popped up and I reached out to steal That Hat because I liked it more than mine.
This is what I intended to say,
until Momma took over and had it her way.
Did you know Dr. Seuss was not a Doctor? Did you know that even though he wrote about that silly cat, his pets were all DOGS..... I knew I was better than that silly cat in that silly hat.

Mama, said Big, go lay down and do what you do. I can write a post  as good as good and better than you.  She said..
My Dearest Big


I love the things, the things that you do,
you never, no never make me feel blue.

You fill me with joy, so much true joy,
 I love you so much, my sweet Big Boy.

You chase your ball, and crash into the wall
you never, no never care if you fall.

I love the way you look and look
while watching your Daddy cook and cook.

You lie on the sofa, not making a peep
Sometimes you will gnaw on your bone until you fall asleep.

I feel happy, so happy when  your internal clock sends you to me,
and you herd me to the kichen where you know I should be.

I love you when you steal a loaf of frozen bread,
and love you more when you to sneak on our bed.

I love you most when you lean on my legs,
and even more when you snarf up boiled eggs.

This is a blog hop and its never to late to join in 

19 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
OMD and yip yap-a-day
you've posted a post
for Suessical day
It's wonderfurs and joyful
and blows me away!!!
Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

Hailey and Zaphod and their Lady said...

That is a lovely poem. Happy Seuss day!

Ann said...

Aw, what a sweet poem. You look adorable in that hat too Big

My Mind's Eye said...

BB I am smiling so big you can see me across the miles.
Precious
Hugs cecilia

Molly the Airedale said...

Chomp that hat, BigBoy! We loved your poem!
Happy Dr Seuss Day☺

Tails Around the Ranch said...

Great job on the Seussical prose. And can we just say, you rock the hat?!
Your fur-iends,
Sam & Elsa 🐾

KB said...

You sound just like Dr. Seuss. Silly fantastical words that make me giggle!

eileeninmd said...

Love the poem and the BB images. Happy Saturday!

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love your poem! Especially the word "snarf". It is SO Sussian!! The poem is really cool and quite touching. Loving the first picture of Big. It shouts Happy! And yes, I like his first hat better than the cat hat!

Wyatt said...

Well done Big Boy! We can tell by your rhyme, you live a good life!
xoxo
Wyatt and Tegan

Mevely317 said...

Seriously. These poems are so clever, and Big so cute! Have you considered ghost-writing BB's memoirs into a children's book?

Matilda the Boxer said...

Steal that silly cat's hat! I KNEW Dr. Seuss loved us best. <3

photowannabe said...

Too fun Sandra,
Big Boy and you make quite a pair,
wishing a delightful birthday wish
to the author extraordinaire .......

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

What a wonderful poem your Mama made just for you, BB!!!
Have a Suessical Day!
Rosy, Arty & Jakey

Sandee said...

A fitting poem for Dr. Seuss day.

Happy Dr. Seuss Day. ♥

lexitheschnauzer said...

Yay, I was hoping you would hop along with me, BB. I like your hat AND and your mom's poems. Lucy

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

this was lots of fun! Happy Dr.Seuss Day!

The Adventures of The Bell Fur Zoo said...

OMD Big Boy we are twins!!! Dat poem your Mama wrote about you was da bestest efur!! I hope you had a pawtastic Dr Seuss Day :)

xoxo,
Matt (& Matilda)

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Thanks for participating in the blog hop.

Next year we are going to make our Mom write a poem, imagine she makes us do all the work.