Monday, January 7, 2019

The Great BIG Adventure

We don't need a blow dryer to dry wet dogs, we have sunshine

The great BIG Adventure, better known as The great BIG, Adventure or maybe Big Boy's Great Big Adventure started with my investigoogling How to bathe a dog that doesn't like water.... WHOOO Boy, make that Wooo BIG Boy..... I landed on Wiki How .

You Might Need to Know, this is a dog who tiptoes if the grass is wet and will HOLD it for days before going out in the rain. Jake loved his bath in the shower and all I had to do was say the word. He loved it so much I had to close the door because he would get in the shower with me..

The steps I followed First...
1. Feed them meals in the bathing area✔
 2. practice getting them in tub, in our case shower.✔

Day one,  BB eats boiled egg in bowl beside the shower.
 Day 2, eats egg with only head in shower
Day 3 eat egg by leaping in shower
Day 4 gobbles egg while standing with dripping hose in front of nose, laps water from hose.
Day 5 through 17 does same thing...

By day 5, he beats me to the shower and stands waiting for me to catch up.... YAY! mission accomplished! WE ARE READY for the Bath....

 Take a long walk, ✔ 
get the water warm✔
 make the bathroom safe ✔ (for Him or US?)
 stock your station, towels and shampoo.✔

Bob's job is to close the door, once Big is in the shower with me, and I will bath, Bob will dry... HA!

The well muscled 65 pound BIGDOG is having none of this.. I am hanging on to him MINUS the collar, HA!
I have zero control, Bob gets in with us, and sits on the edge, which I cannot do. that is another story.

He clamps his legs around the dog, I stand and watch, yelling instructions, as in The gallon jug is full of hot soapy water, pour it over him...blah blah splash splash

Bob with Big draped over and under his legs.. use your imagination...
By the end of the BIG Bath, Bob resembles Bigfoot, wet and covered in black hairs, Big is clean and sweet smelling.

Reminder here! Add another step. Remove toilet paper from the wall unless you want soggy paper . Use your imagination on who cleaned the bathroom, think SHAKE it OFF!

IT MAY BE ANOTHER 90 DAYS BEFORE BIG'S NEXT BATH




16 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Amazing!! Here is where you went wrong with this bath. You did not gradually work up to it like you did the first time. I am sure it would have worked the way you did before. Because...well...it did before. You and Bob make a good team! Bathing dog is a good way to bond in your marriage!

From the Kitchen said...

I love the mental picture! My advice, though, is put BB in the car, drive him to the groomer (no grooming, just a bath) and pick him up clean, dry and smelling good!!

Best,
Bonnie

Hootin Anni said...

I can picture this! lol

KB said...

It sounds like you made it much easier with all that slow work acclimating him to the shower. Your description of the actual event is perfect - I can see it!!! I'm so glad that Big smells sweet and clean now!

Matilda the Boxer said...

BOL, what an adventure!!

Mevely317 said...

Oh dear, this is possibly the funniest thing I've read all year! Except I'm confused: Bob's "sitting on the edge" … I hope yours is a shower inside a tub? Smart, your acclimating BB with the eggs; I hope he won't refuse to eat eggs again anytime soon!

Only one time did I try taking Caraleigh into the shower with me. She was so panicked that my upper body looked like I'd gone against some switchblade-wielding gangbanger.

My Mind's Eye said...

LOL LOL BB you rule and mom and dad drool. What a VIVID picture you painted for my mind's eye entertainment on my bday.
Wonder if he will run to the shower for his next boiled egg!?
Hugs Cecilia

DeniseinVA said...

I loved reading this, you told it so well it was like I was right there by your side. Can't wait for BB's next bathtime in 90 days :)

Ruby's Rescued Life said...

Good job! Ruby doesn't like water much either though she's smaller so maybe a little easier to pick her up and put her in the shower. She loves eggs, too, so will have to remember that trick!

photowannabe said...

Oh man...the visuals are amazing.
What an adventure....I can't wait for the next 90 one....
At least you have a very clean bathroom and an extra shower for yourselves...
Time to go to Walmart for some dry TP !!

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

The scotties just go in the laundry tub....that has been prepared with water and drying area. Roxy, poor thing, just gets tied to the fence and hosed...or a dry shampoo brushed through her fur. We'll be waiting for round two with BB. BOL!

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

OMD!!!! We need to remind Mama just how lucky she is we are small enough to fit in the kitchen sink!!

We are so sorry you had to be tortured like that BB!!
xoxo,
Rosy, Jakey & Arty

Chatty Crone said...

You and Bob are complete hoots - I love it. I can picture this. Disco hates his too but he is little! Good luck!

Rose said...

So glad you redirected to this...oh, this is hilarious. Do you remember the link I give to the post of the couple taking two dogs to the vet...this is what it reminds me of.


Link: http://mrsnesbittsplace.blogspot.com/search/label/Vets

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Oh my, that was quite the adventure!!! I wonder if he will go back in to eat any time soon.

lexitheschnauzer said...

OMG, I can't stop laughing. Lucy, you take this one. The Mom
Big Boy, do I have to come teach you how to get a bath? 1. Jump in the tub or shower. 2. Stand still. 3. Shake when you're told it's ok. That's what I do. So who's the Good Girl? <3 <3 Lucy