Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Gary's Gotcha Day-1st hour pics


Hi, I am five years old and  my name is Gary, or at least it was Gary on 10/01/2018 when these humans came and adopted me. I was as shocked as they were.... There I was, all 67 pounds of me, locked in the Adoption Controllers office, waiting for my forever home. I had been in the Scary PLACE for 2 months, when a lady came in to leave her dog, when told they had no room for another dog, she threw the leash down and left her dog and he came and jumped on me and gave me 3 bad bites on my shoulder.


That was 2 weeks before my humans came and adopted me. You can see where they shaved my beautiful fur in the collage above.

I was so tramutized by barking dogs, and there were more than 100 barking dogs in the kennels, that they let me live in the office. I had my own crate but the door was left open....but the office door was locked, so no one could come in but the adoption lady whose office I was in.

The above collage, was my first step into my new home. I was nervous and walking around looking at furniture while my new Daddy sat and watched me and my new Mama followed me around clicking something.,


After I sniffed every single thing in the house, Mama and Daddy took me into the yard. Mama said, I don't think he has ever had a yard, they could tell I was shocked at the fence to peer under and through and all the green stuff.
My new humans tried very hard to call me Gary but they just could not. They kept calling be Big Boy, as in Come here Big Boy and I went. I politely sat when Mama said can I have a hug, I walked over to her and sat and my big beautiful eyes stared up and she hugged me. Daddy said come give Daddy a hug and I climbed up on my new sofa for the first time and laid my head on his shoulder and stared up in his eyes and he hugged me tight. I laid down and put my head in his lap and went sound to sleep.
I was not getting much sleep because barking dogs make me tremble .
Tomorrow or the next day Mama will tell you how they found me..
Mama said they almost named me Shadow or Midnight, you can see why  below. Daddy suggest Velcro as a name  because I stick to them like Velcro. they move I move.

Mama here... When our Big Boy lays down on the black leather sofas he disappears unless his eyes are open...YOU will SEEE the eyes on the next post.
I am so sorry I missed so many of your post. the past week has been crazy and still is. 



21 comments:

Lois said...

I'm about to cry, I'm so happy for you all! Love all the photos Sandra.

eileeninmd said...

What a story. I am so glad you found Big Boy and rescued him. He has a loving home now.. Love all the photos of Big Boy.

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

That's WONDERFUL. A win-win all around. Gary, Big Boy, Shadow....whatever...you have landed on your feet. After 5 years of who knows what, you're finally a King. Welcome to Blogville.

Ann Thompson said...

Your gotcha day story is such a happy one. Happy you have a forever home and your new mom and dad have a fur baby to love

Sandi said...

Oh..happy tears!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
OMD Gary/Midnight/Velcro I's so glad you and mama Sandra and daddy Bob found each other!!! This is the bestest news - jus' wait till Blogville catches on to your presence!

It might take a little while till a name settles well upon the lips. In India, you might get called Kali, or Shiva... hugs and wags YAM-aunty xxx

Chatty Crone said...

okay you have found the perfect dog and he found the perfect home. I am thrilled.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I am crying now, from reading about how he fell asleep on Bob. But tears of joy. This is the first time I remember seeing your whole living room! I can see how he would disappear on the black couch. I see the bite marks from the bad dog! No wonder he was afraid of the barking. I am glad for the pictures of laying down and sleeping. It shows he is at peace there, and no more scary sounds and dogs. Can't wait to read EVERYTHING else!!! I have no doubt in my mind that God led to all to each other. How could it be any other way...

Mevely317 said...

Have you any idea how Big Boy came to be an inmate at Manatee County? This is one of those moments I'd give anything to be able to read their minds. So thrilled for all 3 of you!!!

Inger said...

I love him already! He's so adorable and I'm sure you have described the way he has felt throughout the process of coming home to you. I didn't know it was Black Dog Week. I should honor Faith with a post.

Gayle said...

Hi Big Boy. Pleased to make your acquaintance. You have taken on a big job keeping Bob and Sandra in line but you look like you're up to the challenge.

KB said...

What a sweetie. He needed you and you needed him. A match made in heaven! I am so happy for you.

Matilda the Boxer said...

Ohhhhhhh Big Boy, we are so so SO happy to hear you've found a pawesome furever home. Let me fill you in on a little secret -- your new momma and daddy have acheys in their hearts like you did on your shoulder after that mean dog bit you. They lost some wonderful dogs that took part of their hearts with them to the Rainbow Bridge. So you have a really big and impawtant job, okay? You have to fill their hearts with YOU so much that they don't ache anymore! It's tough, but I can tell you're going to be up to the job. We're so glad to have you in Blogville! I know we're going to be good furiends!

Carolann said...

I was touched by your story of your loss of your buddy but am thrilled you got big boy. It was sad to hear how Big boy was bitten from a bad, bad dog. And he was so scared.

Well he is in the best home now where he will get T>L> Care from two really wonderful people.


Debby@Just Breathe said...

Big Boy sounds perfect. He loves you two very much. I'm so happy to hear this.

Ida said...

Hooray for Big Boy and for you and Bob. I know he is going to be such a well loved dog already. He's quite handsome. I liked (Velcro) so maybe, Big Boy Velcro. - That was awful that he got bit by someone elses dog like that.

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

Big Boy is a very lucky dog - I've been volunteering with shelter dogs for a long time and it's the pits and pit mixes that have the hardest time getting adopted. What a wonderful thing you've done - may you all enjoy many happy years together.

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

What a beautiful name for a beautiful dog!! He and Rosy have the same coloring!!

I'm looking forward to getting to know Big Boy!!

DeniseinVA said...

What a heartwarming story of how BB came to live with you and Bob. Loved this post and its very special pictures.

Heidrun Khokhar, KleinsteMotte said...

Awww I love this post. Hugs to the three of you.

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Welcome to your forever home, Big Boy!!!

Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber