Saturday, September 8, 2018

Jake's Journal Aug 8, 2018



Blinded by Cataracts and a tumor on his left eye, gray faced and beautiful. Jake had a good night, slept from 6 to 3:15.. Had trouble standing when he first got up but after his Carprophen and a few laps around the pool, he is walking better. We have to leave things where they always were, to keep him from bumping into them.

He loves for me to sit on the ottoman and let him stand between my legs and I hold him tight. He loves to be hugged tightly...



6 comments:

Mevely317 said...

What a blessed reassurance you are to Jake! Hug tightly!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Awww, this is so sad. I know the holding is so comforting to him, he can smell you and touch and be with you, letting him know you are close and all is well.

Inger said...

I am sad smiling, tears in my eyes. Your love is so strong and his for you is too. Love that he has his tail, I don't think I noticed that before.

The Ladies of Beaglebratz Manor said...

Watching our furry companions grow old is one of the hardest things we do and to me really tests our love and responsibility we feel towards them - sounds and looks like you have it all covered; I've been there before and I'm dealing with it now a little more every day with Lady Shasta as she approaches her 12th birthday next month. I'm sure Jake considers very loved and feels so safe with you. But somehow, having our seniors with us, caring for them still - looking at those white faces and feeling their furry bodies beneath our hands and snuggling with them, it all makes us feel safe and right too;
Mom Kim

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

…..and beautiful. That says it all.

Ann Thompson said...

Such a sweet boy and he knows you'll keep him safe