Friday, November 20, 2020

Grand Ferret? part 2


 Ferret photo above  borrowed from Pngitem.com 

Yesterdays Post Grand Ferret? Cute Weasel? , you saw Buck, the Ferret and how my son found him in his shed. this is the Rest of The Story

I will use Son, DIL, Lisa. the three involved in many many texts. I recieved this message from my son a few hours after he found the ferret.

Son: We think he's the neighbors,catty corner from us. I stopped there at 3,nobody home. I'm getting ready to walk over there again in a minute. We have an extra cage for him for now. HE IS NOT staying very long!!!!

DIL: Mr Ferret is NOT staying! I hope these people with say it's there's. Daniel is walking over there now, keep fingers crossed.


DIL: NO ONE HOME! keep fingers and toes crossed, he finds the owner.


NEXT day! Wed.

Me:  Did the owners come home? 

DIL: No, no one home.

Me: On no, he sent the night? 

DIL:Yes, they sleep alot, up at dawn and again at dusk for a couple of hours each time. It went well, we kept everyone in bedroom with us last night.

DIL: No he is not staying. Lol

Dan tried several times, once he said someone was home but would not come to the door.

Son: Mom, I called the SPCA and we are taking Buck to them at 3 pm. The Boss has spoken, I can't keep him, he has to go today.

MOM: OH NO! Don't take him, let me ask around and see if any one wants it.

I sent text to Lisa, do you know anyone who wants a ferret?

LISA: YES! we want it, we have one and it needs a playmate.

ME: can you go get it today? it is 50 miles to where they live.

Lisa: YES! we will go today, what time

MOM: Michelle, dont take it to the SPCA, Lisa wants. it

Michelle: We are so HAPPY!!! they can come at 5.

I WILL SPARE you the zillion texts between Lisa, Michelle, Dan and Me. Sharing cell numbers and addresses and setting things up.

I have no grand Ferret!  Butt I may start and Online Pet Adoption, I will call it 

TTA!  Text To Adopt!

Will find you the right pet, and set up accommodations for you to adopt your new pet. Payment will be in photos of adopted pet to share on my blog.

 new roommates, Buck and Lightfoot and yes, they might steal your blog, Beau! But just once in a while

Littlefoot 

Buck

I got these messages at 7 PM..

Lisa:  your son and his wife are AWESOME! we just left. We will be chillin with them again.

and at the same time, from Dan

Dan: The package is delivered! They just left! Your friends ae so Cool! We are glad Buck has a friend now. THANK YOU MOM! we love you.

ME: What time did they get there. 
Dan: 4:30, we sat in the living room and they LOVED Zoey, and they stayed til 7. We had a blast!


SO MAYBE I SHOULD START A Meet New Friends? TEXT ME!
FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO KNOW ME WELL, Yes! I freaked out that the four of them sat together in the living room which is tiny and no way to social distance and I KNOW IN MY HEART no one had on a MASK..... 



20 comments:

easyweimaraner said...

4 in a room and without masks would give me the shivers too... it seems we become oversensitive with every day more...

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
Oh dear about the last part... I do hope nothing arises from that or all will be feeling deflated. However, the rest of the tale... YYAAAAAAYYYYY!!!! YAM xx

Ann said...

Yeah!!! Alls well that ends well. I wonder why the neighbor wouldn't come to the door though.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I am glad Buck did not have to go to the SPCA. Maybe the owners did not want the ferret anymore and decided to just let it outside. It is has a happy new home with Lisa! I your Son,DIL and Lisa and all stay safe. I always love happy endings. Have a great day!

lexitheschnauzer said...

OMD! what an adventure. I read your first post about the ferret and thought maybe Beau would have a brother (or sister) ferret.What a wonderful outcome. And new friends, too! Great true story!!

Martha said...

That worked out well! I thought for sure you were going to have a grand ferret. I don't like the last part but the younger people just don't worry about it like we do. My boys were just at a wedding last weekend. I saw some video clips and nobody there was wearing a mask. It scares the hell out of me, they are playing with fire!

Rose said...

I think you should set up the Text to Talk to friends...sounds like a wonderful idea! Glad Buck has a new home...one where he will be loved.

WFT Nobby said...

Buck is one lucky (and adorable) ferret.
Well done Lisa!

Inger said...

This post tells such a wonderful story of love and kindness. It was great to read the back and forth and see how it all worked out so well. It can't be the easiest thing to find a new home for a ferret of all things.

And then I read about the probably mask-less get together in a small living room. And I realized how worrisome it must be to have grown children, not knowing how they are responding to this virus. Hopefully all will be well this time, but I know you must worry.

Chatty Crone said...

You saved his life - you are a hero!

Millie and Walter said...

We're glad to hear that the "almost" Grand Ferret found a new home but like you hope everyone will be well after their time together.

My Mind's Eye said...

Well I'll yay for you and know folks all over and making such a wonderful effort for Buck to have a ferret-ever home. And Dan and Michelle met new friends. Win Win Yep you need to start an online meet and greet service
Were you brave enough to ask about masks
Hugs Cecilia

Sandee said...

I love a happy ending. This is a happy ending.

Have a fabulous day and weekend. Scritches to Beau. ♥

Debby@Just Breathe said...

So that worked out great! I guess you have a new job now.

Ginny Hartzler said...

THIS WAS YOUR THANKSGIVING!!! So heartwarming and wonderful. Maybe the best story I have heard all year. and there are not many, if any, in the time of Covid. HOW AWESOME!! I LOVE this, you are the Matching Snapper. Say that as a Rapper...

Mevely317 said...

... and they all lived happily ever after! Fie on those awful ferret parents who wouldn't answer their door.

Actually, I really like the proposed "Meet New Friends" site. Even when I was working full-time, I commented to Tom it would be nice to find another couple compatible with he and I to hang out with now and then. Because we didn't attend church or hang out at bars, that never happened. Oh well, I still think you've got a point.

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

Yay for happy endings!!!! You must be part friend/pet matchmaker!!

photowannabe said...

You are the definitive Match Maker....
I love stories with happy endings..
Thanks for sharing the texts.
Sue

Brian's Home Blog said...

I hope it all works out for that little sweetie, it's all got to be confusing.

Ojo said...

Hi hi hi! Ojo here! We are glad Friend Ferret has a happy ending! My person says he could not come live here. I do not understand why, I would love to chase him around! Oh, my person says that's why...

Also my person wants to say something...

Hi Sandra, Ojo's person here. You asked about the image on our blog of the dogs playing in the snow. I used Corel Photo-Paint for that. It was based on a series of photos. I had a picture of Cobi bouncing in the snow that I liked. The one with Ojo was actually taken of her running in the water. I also had a photo of a snowman for reference and one of twigs, trees and grasses popping out of snow.

I put all the photos into Photo-Paint and in this case wound up tracing the outlines of the dogs. I then used layers to give each dog a fill colour and then painted on their patterning. So it was sort of computer painting, but following photos.

I like Photo-Paint because it's cheaper than Adobe products but I can still work in layers which allows me to move things around, duplicate things, and change what's in front and what's behind.

I'm using Corel Photo-Paint Home & Student which is quite a bit cheaper than the pro version.