Monday, September 21, 2020

48 hours

 


For the past 48 hours, Big has laid like this, on carpet or tile. no bed, or sofa or chair.
His sides move in and out like bellows. 
The first 24, he ate dog food from my hand and a few things, but not enough, the 2nd 24 he ate almost nothing.

He is our Hero, Saturday afternoon, he was laying here like this, I was on computer and could see him, he likes it because he can see daddy on the sofa and me on compuer.
Big Boy doesn't Bark. Yesterday he barked for the 5th time in 2 years.

He leaped to his feet, sat on alert, and did two sharp Barks!
I ran to see what was wrong, Bob said what is he barking at.
I said what is that noise. Bob of course could no hear it.

It was the pot on the kitchen stove that was boiling carrots for Big, I forgot it, the water had
cooked out, it was hissing and rattling the lid..
He saved us from a house fire. Even as sick as he is.

As soon as I removed the pot, he laid back down and that is when I took these photos.


He is not eating.
I tried everything anyone suggested.
He eats a PBJ sandwich, 1/2 for breakfast and whole for 5am and 5 pm pills.
Today he ate 2 spoons of pumpkin and for some reason he eats strawberries, pineapple and grapes.
When we at them he ask for them. He will eat Milk Bones, so yesterday he had 8 of those, they are medium and 40 calories.


17 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Oh my gosh, I am actually speechless. He is a dog from Heaven...

easyweimaraner said...

big boy you are sure a hero... that was something so special you did for your furmily... we love ya and we send da biggest hugs to you... and lots of potp

DeniseinVA said...

Sweet protector he is to let you know. Fur babies are always protecting us.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, BB

You are such a good protector, barking at just the right time.
I do pray you feel better and start eating. Take care, sending hugs!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
Darling Big - you are a trooper!!! Hugs and wags, and POTP, YAM-aunty xxx

(pee ess to mum; please have care of giving grapes - they are toxic for dogs.)

Ann said...

Oh Big, you are a hero. I'm so sorry that you don't feel like eating though.

Rose said...

WTG, Big Boy. You are still thinking of your family even as bad as you feel.

My Mind's Eye said...

God Bless that precious black beautiful dog...I send you and him so many prayers and hugs
Cecilia

Martha said...

He is definitely your hero. I hope and pray he will get his appetite back and start eating again soon.

Mevely317 said...

Heaven-sent hero! My prayers intensify.

Brian's Home Blog said...

You are really quite the hero BB and we're sorry you are doing poorly. We love you bunches big guy.

Sandee said...

You are in my prayers Big Boy. You did save your peeps though. That's a good thing.

Big healing hugs all around. ♥

Millie and Walter said...

You sure saved the day Big Boy. We are keeping our paws crossed for you and hope your mom can find something you like to eat.

Chatty Crone said...

As sick as he is he saved your life. Oh my. I am sad. I know this has to be killing you to watch this unfold. I will be praying for all!

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

What a sweet, sweet SMART boy you are Big! Way to go letting your Mama know about the carrots!

Sending lots of POTP and keeping you close in our prayers Big guy!!

Ruby said...

Oh BB, you are my HERO!!! Of COURSE you saved your peeps, cause as yucky as you feel, your mind is alert! So sorry your body is betraying you right nows. You knows I am thinkin' of you and your peeps and sendin' all the POTP I can right nows! And lots and lots of AireZens ♥
Kisses,
Ruby ♥

catladymac said...

He is truly a Good Dog.