Saturday, February 29, 2020

The Dog in the hat is All That


Today is my day to give you a practice run for Dr. Seuss Day which is March 2nd.. Join the PHUN, details below


I was a shelter dog, 3 times in fact,
this time I was upset, because I was attacked.

I lead a lonely life, full of fear,
my mind always wondering Why am I here?

I waited behind a closed door, waiting to see,
just  who would come some day and rescue me.

The door opened and I heard a 2 voices say, look at those eyes?
and the keeper of the office said, lets take him outside.

The lady sat down on a bench,
I raced to her and climbed on her lap, she didn't even flinch.

Oh no, Gary said the office lady, and I heard the man say,
don't worry it is really OK.

He said he just sealed the deal,
we are adopting him for real..

I sat patiently while they paid the half price fee,
because i was black and 6 years old, it was half price for me.

We rode in the car, not so very far
and I stood in the living room, asking can you tell me where we are?

You're home, Gary,  your shelter home is gone, now  you have a forever home.

They took me in my new fenced yard to see all the trees.
They changed my name to Big Boy, by feeding me pieces of cheese.

They fed me and loved me, and walked me too.
Arent you glad I shared this story with YOU?


Click HERE for details on Zoolatry


12 comments:

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

That’s a great poetic story! So happy you finally found your real home.

Ella said...

You are so funny!
No, not your BB, but your mom!
Big hug for a dog in the bag … sorry, I mean hat!♥️

eileeninmd said...

Hello BB,

I love the cute poem, you are adorable.
I am so happy you have a loving home, you could not have found a better forever home. Enjoy your day!

Ann said...

That is a story I could listen to over and over. I just love the happy ending to it.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Just the best, BB!!! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

Brian's Home Blog said...

We are glad you shared that most wonderful story!!!

Mevely317 said...

Ying and yang!
When I spotted that first photo I laughed right out loud. Then, reading your 'gotcha' story there are tears in my eyes. (Happy tears, that is!)

My Mind's Eye said...

And as they say the rest is distance history and BB if all kinds of glad
Hugs Cecilia

lexitheschnauzer said...

What a beautiful story if your adoption, BB. thanks for the preview.

Chatty Crone said...

Very cute Sandra - I think he was there for YOU! God knew you both needed each other.

Zoolatry said...

You were ... and are ... worth Full Price and a whole lot more! Actually, rethinking it now ... you are Priceless!
Wonderful, happy, forever story.

Rose said...

This makes me cry...such a good story in the form of a poem.