Friday, July 30, 2010

"dirty digger"

NOTE: I love diggin and I am proud of it. Hounds are notorious for lovin Dirt and Diggin. that's my story and I am sticking to it.

Here I am, dozing in my favorite "Hole To China" (that's what mommy says when she catches me diggin)

I do NOT like mommy and her camera disrupting my AM nap, but she said she had to practice taking photos in shade, so whats a girl to do. that's my name, Baby Girl.

Mommy calls me "diggin fool" because she told Daddy I could dig a hole to China in 30 seconds flat.


Might I remind Mommy that they found me in a dirt hole just like this when they rescued me 8 years ago, so what's the big deal.

BTW (by the way) I am part hound (no idea what the other part/parts are)
confident and independent, inclined to do things their own way, and will test members of the family to find place in the pecking order ( the cause of A.K.A. of DB for determined bitch)

a combination of scenthound and sighthound, ( I can smell peanut butter at 1 mile and can see anything mommy does not want me to have but can't see her when she gives a command)

sleeps majority of the time (20 out of 24 hours, I OVERHEARD mommy say Thank Goodness)

independent (stubborn as ox) mind of their own and are not  easy to train (what's train). may be  willful, obstinate, and dominant ( again overheard mommy say She thinks She  is the BOSS, me not her)

(Last but not least, sleeps on sofa even after sleeping in dirt hole , (that's why they have leather)
They love me anyway...............

11 comments:

Sunny said...

Aww, what's not to love! and at least you have short hair. Lucy and her long fur is like a dirt magnet, someimes I call her Swiffer!
Stay nice and cool in your hole but don't dig to China, your Mom would miss you!
☼ Sunny

Argent said...

Glad to meet such a find hound!

Anonymous said...

Such a cute dog - and tho she's trying to look so innocent, there's a bit of mischieviousness (if that's a word) there - gotta love her. Loved the story!

George said...

What a cute dog and wonderful commentary. I guess we know where she fits in the pecking order.

Kilauea Poetry said...

Good morning (I'm waking up here) ..so sweet your baby!! My Rottie used to like to dig holes in the sand when I'd take her to the beach. My dog will dig a little to stay cool. Beautiful captures and quite nice the shadows! I love dogs! So funny you mentioned that about the leather. We never used to have a dog in the house, but we picked up leather to (much cooler); well, we found her resting on the couch one morning..was so cute- we could never say no! Besides, she's never ruined it! Love yor photos..may take me a moment to get back to your main blog..

S. Etole said...

That pose in the banner just makes me laugh ... sounds like an "alpha dog" going on here. FUN!

photowannabe said...

Baby Girl, you would love the mound in my backyard grass. I think there is a mole or lizard living there. You might find it by digging half way to China....

Scott Law said...

Cute shots and fun story. Way to go!

SquirrelQueen said...

Oh Baby Girl, with eyes like those you could dig holes all over the yard and no one could get mad. You sleep twenty hours a day? Maybe you are part kitty, MOL!

Brenda's Arizona said...

Diggin' a hole to China? That must be in every 'diggers' vocabulary! The shadow photos turn out pretty well - with flash fill? Now I want to go practice! Glad you get to sleep on the couch, too, ya know. Our dogs get to - when they pass up the tile floor!

Unknown said...

Baby Girl is such a sweetheart. Just look at those eyes!

I love the shot in your sidebar of Jake drinking from the pool too... too cute!