Monday, March 1, 2021

Fence FRIENDS


My fence was old, this is how it looked after the tree fell on it 3 months ago.
The story of the new fence details and photo story is on MadSnapper Blog

This Is MY blog, my story.
First of all, let me complain about the fact I could not
 go in my OWN backyard with out a leash for 26 HOURS

Wait! that is a tiny white lie! Once each day, at my 8 am Ball game time, Daddy held the ball in his hand in front of me and my Ball Brain Focused,
 Mama stood in the gap in the fence,
Daddy threw the ball and I ran, then I followed the ball in his hand to the hose, which is normal because he washes the black dirt off the ball and out of my slobbery mouth and I followed the ball in his hand  into the house.
the good news was, Mama gave me extra walks with her, 2 extra each day and I got to walk in unexplored territory with mama and me, she let me stop and smell and smell and smell.
She told me that was to make up for not wandering in our yard.

Here is the best part of all, see that man working in the below photo?
That is the 24 foot gap in the fence.
Guess what? There were THREE MEN.


Mama was out side Gabbing, Really she was standing there talking to the 3 men the whole time they were working. that is for another post.
The tall man with the beard looked at our glass door and saw me and I heard him say
Oh Look at HIM! let him out!
 I will go close the gate.
I heard Mama say, What about the other two men, do they like dogs?

He started laughing, he said we ALL love dogs.
Mama let me out.

It was a LOVE FEST!
I never even thought about the fence was down, who would want to miss out being hugged and scratched behind the ears?

The loved me, I loved them!
they stopped working and petted me and rubbed me and told me my furs were beautiful.
Each of them said, aren't you a good dog?
What a great boy your are.

They let me watch them work and point out what needed to be done. 
You know, by weaving in and out and around them while they worked.

Tall beard said I have 3 dogs, and they each have 3 dogs and they are all big like YOU.

Mama said, he is Dane/Catahoula and the two men, both named Robert like my daddy is named Robert
said, we each have Catahoula Mixed with NC Cur dogs.
All three of them had three dogs as big or bigger than me.

And when they were done, the new old fence was up
and as the man in the above photo Named Robert, closed the gate he said to my
Mama, if anything ever happens and you need to give him away, call us, we would take him in a heartbeat. Details in another blog about mama gabbing


and I took my well petted self to the front fence to watch the neighborhood since it had been 2 days since I could watch my neighborhood... 

I looked to the left, I looked straight ahead, 

I looked to the right, by turning my head.



24 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Gracious, Beau, what an interesting time you had with those guys, not to mention, PHUN and you got that fabby new fence... I bet mummy and daddy are over the moon pleased with it all. So good to know that there is a place for you if at all there was ever a need. But not now. Not now dear dog - we need you here!!! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your new fence looks really nice! Glad you had such a fabulous time, but then again, who WOULDN'T love you?

DeniseinVA said...

So glad you got your extra walks, so glad those men loved dogs - and you - so glad you got a brand new fence. It looks great!

easyweimaraner said...

wow that is fab! they all love dogs? how great!!!

Ella said...

Oh Beau, you made new friends, and your new fence is beautiful!
Have fun!
Hugs!

Hootin Anni said...

Ironic...men named Robert & They had dogs like you!! I'm here from Mad Snapper's fence blog to continue the story. My favorite photo of you is the last one...looking to the right!!

WFT Nobby said...

What fun! Who knows, maybe a tree will fall on another section of fence and you will get to meet the three fence men again.

Ann said...

Wow, that was some day you had. You made new friends and you got to go in your back yard.

eileeninmd said...

Hello Beau,

I am so glad your fence is finished, it looks really nice too. Who could not love you, sounds like you are very popular with everyone. That is wonderful! HUGS, have a happy day!

ZOOLATRY said...

Life is good to those who are good.

Rose said...

It sounds like this was a therapeutic visit for you and your mama...all those hugs and good boys made you feel good all over, it made the job for the mem a pure joy just to be with you...and gave you mom a chance to talk to someone.

Martha said...

That sounds like such a great day Beau and I love your new fence!

Brian's Home Blog said...

I'm so glad your fence is all fixed up and you have your romping zone back again Beau!

Millie and Walter said...

We're glad to hear you got your new fence done. It sounds like you had a great time helping all the workers too. How nice that they asked to meet you and they were all lovers of big dogs.

Mevely317 said...

Oh my word, Beau! What are the odds, all 3 of those men would be daddy's to dogs like YOU? They must be very special people, and I know you loved getting all that petting.

So you looked right and left .... and no ouchies in your neck? YAY!

Matilda the Boxer said...

It's always best when the repair guys love dogs and are willing to accept expert snoopervision!

Marvelous Marv said...

Is it not nice to make new friends! Especially ones who will love you the way you should be loved! And is it not nice to do the things you like to do again! We are glad the repair guys loved you. That can be difficult, sometimes. BTW, you look marvellous darling! Have a marvellously happy day!

Sandee said...

A new fence and all that loving too. I know mom and dad will never give you up though.

Have a woof woof day and week. My best to your peeps. ♥

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

What a great time you had because of that fence, Beau. A lot of times the workers that come here are afraid of dogs so we stay inside. We love it too when new people come to our home and we get to meet them. We LOVE people too!!!

Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

My Mind's Eye said...

Beau proof positive you catch more friends with a tail wag and pawistive attitude than with a snarl. Well done handsome friend
Hugs Cecilia

photowannabe said...

Beau, you were so blessed to have those fabulous fence makers there.
They loved you to pieces and made such a nice yard for you to play with your orange thing.
You sure found your forever home!
Sue

KB said...

This made me smile and smile and smile. Perfect fence friends. You are such a good dog, Beau!

CheerfulMonk said...

What a sweet pup you are!! ❤️

lexitheschnauzer said...

Wow, THREE men to pet you and love you and offer to take you home. Your Mama better keep on eye out that you don't disappear!