Saturday, October 24, 2020

Beau The Poser

 


Today Mama wants to Talk.. Go ahead, Mama..

For the first time EVER, on Canine #6 in 35 years,  we have a dog who will Pose For the Camera. 
Note the ears are not back. He stands in one Place. 

Beau, Comes on Command,
Beau, Sits
Beau gives a paw when asked.

Beau shadow walks, when I say come walk with me, as in puts his shoulder on my left knee and walks every step I take.

When we walk each morning, if we stop for him to meet a new neighbor, he sits and then waits until I say OK and then we go.
Today he met the next door lady, and went through all his commands for her and got lots of hugs and kisses. and of course his new Freed Dried Liver treats. Pupford Brand. YUM.
He fetches a ball or a stick.
And when the word NO is said, he Immediately Stops what ever he is doing.
OF COURSE HE IS NOT PERFECT..



Flaw # 1, he will eat his own poop if not watched. We had Jake who ate his sisters poop, but not his own. Both dogs had been abused in their younger lives and we think they learned it from starving.
Flaw # 2, Is Mama has to follow him around appearing to NOT BE WATCHING, so she can pick it up immediately. (he wants to do his pooing in private)
Flaw # 3 is he poops as much as a buffalo.
Flaw #4 is he always gets behind bushes or trees that make me have to climb behind them to pick it up.

Now that I have read what I wrote, I guess this should all go under Flaw #1 part 2
so far this is the only thing he does wrong.
Some things just can't be listed under thankful. ha ha





20 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

All of that is really just one flaw. Wow, seems like he used to be owned by a dog trainer! Wonder why he was given up, someone clearly spent a lot of time with him.

WFT Nobby said...

Bertie knows that a dog who poses well can get away with a lot of other so-called 'flaws'....

Hootin Anni said...

We had a dog (a rescue) who would clean the cat's litter box. Gag city!! But, oh these photos really show off his beautiful brindle colors!! A magnificent buddy to be sure, despite his flaw.

DeniseinVA said...

He really is beautiful and such a good boy. As for the flaws, maybe those will stop too.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Beaut is so well trained, he really is the perfect dog. Beau is beautiful in every way. Forget the little flaw.
Have a happy day, HUGS!!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
another thought is that Beau may have been punished for pooing, particularly if he is a 'hi-dump' breed as you say (as was my angel Jade... I am sure she didn't eat enough to output such volume!) If he learned that pooing was unappreciated, he'd learn to hide it in any way possible. I wonder if some positive reinforcement to encourage 'open dumping' would be possible so that he could learn it's okay to leave? His otherwise great personality doesn't suggest abuse as such, just that one negative, probably learned in puppyhood. YAM xx

Ann said...

The good points far outweigh the flaws so he's doing great. Duke used to eat his in the winter when it was frozen. He would try and bring them in the house and I would yell "EWWWW, drop the poopsicle."

My Mind's Eye said...

Beau you for sure have a PhD in posing....Your good traits surely outshine the 1 bad one....now to work on the pooping.
Honestly we all would rather have privacy but dear Beau when you leave it instead of eating it your will get your privacy
Hugs Cecilia

Brian's Home Blog said...

Such a sweet and super smart guy he is and a most handsome poser too!

Millie and Walter said...

Beau sounds like he sure is well trained. Maybe you can have him on leash to do his "business" where you can retrieve it easier? You are doing the right thing by picking his "business" up right away. That's the only way to prevent them from eating it.

Rose said...

I see a little bit of the funny Sandra popping out in that last comment. I bet you are right about it being from starving when a pup.

Mevely317 said...

Oh my! Okay, no-one can convince me God saw your tears and sent you angel in doggie clothes to help heal your hearts.
Too funny about the size of Beau's 'gifts.' There was a gal on Shark Tank last night peddling her eco-friendly pick-er-upper sheets and one of the sharks commented that would never work on a Great Dane.

BTW, when Caraleigh was little she used to eat her own poop. I was mortified, but asked the vet. Thankfully, he chuckled and said that's not rare. He gave me a little packet and said to sprinkle it on her food every day. I can't remember what it was, but that did the trick in just a few days.

Mevely317 said...

Yikes, I need a proof reader! That first sentence should have read, that God didn't see your tears ....

Martha said...

Beau sounds like such a well trained boy. Hopefully he will get over his poop issues or at least make you stop climbing behind bushes lol. Maybe he is just helping you get extra exercise ;)

Chatty Crone said...

Well besides poop - lol - he seems to be perfect!

photowannabe said...

Well, I guess we all have flaws too.
Beau is so perfectly mannered that "buffalo poop" can almost be forgiven..HaHa. Love your descriptions...
He really seems to be the perfect match for you and Bob.
Sue

Luiz Gomes said...

Hi good afternoon. All right? I am Brazilian, from Rio de Janeiro and I want to present my Blogger. New friends are welcome, no matter the distance. I would like to invite you to follow my Blogger. I'm the follower.

https://viagenspelobrasilerio.blogspot.com/?m=1

lexitheschnauzer said...

He's a beautiful poop eater. (I'm sure you've googled all this.)

Hailey and Zaphod and their Lady said...

Well, no one is perfect. Talk to your vet about the poop eating.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Well I hope that issue can be alleviated. The vet may have an answer for you. He is such a good boy and that's awesome!