Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Good news for youse

 


from my archives, this is my turn the darn camera off of me mama LOOK

You know all the stuff you have been reading about my persnickety appetite over the past few days.
And about Mama being so creative. Today the Vets Tech called to see if my pills were helping and Mama said my swollen tummy was down about 50 percent and my pee is a peeing and I am drinking lots of water. YAY! said the vet tech
Mama told her about what I eat one day, I will not touch the next day, or what I eat in the AM in the PM no deal. 
The vet tech said to mama she was doing a great job, to keep trying things and hand feeding me just like she has been doing. 
Mama put on her thinking Cap... She thought what does he love the best of all. Since I ate 8 unsalted saltines with Mamas favorite  Peanut butter, after I refused Daddy's Jif,  for breakfast and a bowl of milk... Maybe Just Maybe I might eat my dry dog food if she tricked me.
Every day at 3 pm for 2 years my daddy gave me a dog bowl full of dry dog food, IAMS for 7 years old.
At 3 pm, Mama melted a tablespoon of chunky peanut butter in the microwave, stirred in 8 pieces of dry dog food and stirred and stirred  and brought it in the living room in a china bowl ( i refuse to eat from dog bowls now)
She sat the bowl down between my paws and I SNIFFED and Sniffed 
and tried to lick all the peanut butter off and ended up eating all 8 pieces of dog food.
We are happy, butt it doesn't mean it will work TOMORROW. she may have think again. 
First Dog Food in 2 weeks, first dry dog food since August 11.




26 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

A stroke of GENIUS on mommy's part!!! Keep up the good work and creative ideas!

easyweimaraner said...

how great!!!!! your mama is simply da best!!! and we hope it will work tomorrow too or your mama has the next best idea to help you out ...

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
No doubt about it BB - you have THE BEST MAMA in da whole wide world... Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

crafty cat corner said...

It's looking good, hope things keep improving.
Briony
x

eileeninmd said...

Hello BB,

Love your archive photo. Peanut butter and dog food, sounds yummy.
Be a good boy and eat some more. Your Mama loves you and is taking great care of you! {{HUGS}}

Ann said...

Your mama sure does come up with clever ways of getting you to eat. I bet that dry dog food was yummy coated in peanut butter. That's one of my favorite foods.

ZOOLATRY said...

Good job, Mama. Good jog, Big. Not to worry, tomorrow is a new day and the sun will shine on you all.

My Mind's Eye said...

Your mama gets Dog Mom of the year award...what a creative and loving lady
Hugs cecilia

Rose said...

I do hope you find something that you will eat better...... Next time maybe Mama could try peanutbutter and jelly...

Hailey and Zaphod and their Lady said...

We are wondering if we can get all these different food and clearly better service without being sick . . . So glad to gear you ate some.

Mevely317 said...

What Cecilia just said; your momma is sooo creative! This optimistic news makes my heart happy.

Martha said...

Your mama is doing a great job! I'm so glad you had a bit to eat. I hope you will eat again today :)

Brian's Home Blog said...

That really is good BB, keep doing what your clever Mom asks please. We love you!

Matilda the Boxer said...

Boy, Big, it's a good thing you've got such a pawesome nurse.

Millie and Walter said...

We're glad to hear you ate some food, Big Boy. Our paws are crossed that it will work again and you will eat a bit more food.

Sandee said...

What great news and we all know your mom is most wise.

Keep up the great work.

Have a woof woof day, Big Boy. My best to your peeps. ♥

Chatty Crone said...

I am so glad! Great mom there Big Boy!

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

One day at a time...and we are so happy to hear about this good day!!!!!

Hootin Anni said...

I am elated to read this! Maybe tomorrow will be another good day...just keep spewing to get rid of the water weight and maybe food will taste good for you. We can only pray. Keep up the good work Sandra...I know how hard this is both physically & mentally.

Hootin Anni said...

Spewing should be peeing.

Inger said...

This touched my heart again. How you keep track of the last time, 8/11, he ate dog food and how creative you are in finding ways to make him eat. You could be an advice columnist for how to make sick dogs eat.

Sorry, my bad, I forgot this is your blog, BB. So isn't peanut butter the best? With dog food in it? You are such a good boy, your mama loves you so much, she even gives you food in a china bowl no less.

You know what, BB? Twelve dogs have lived with me and not a single one of them ever got to eat out of a china bowl. So you better eat, OK. Good Boy.

catladymac said...

What a great Mama you have (and Daddy too) !

photowannabe said...

You Mama are a genius..Keep it going...
Sue

Ruby said...

Oh, this IS good news my furiend!!!! WoooHoooo!
Your Moms is SO smart! I do likes the PB too! and gettin' hand fed is FABulous! Buts in the china??! You are one classy ManDog BB!! Oh, I don't eats out of a dog bowl eithers! Wells, not my kibble...my freeze dried chicken I will! ☺
You keep doin' good...sendin' lots of POTP and healin' vibes!
Kisses,
Ruby ♥

lexitheschnauzer said...

Smuckers PB is yummy and has less sugar than Jif. Hey, how about fruit, like apples or pears? Or a slice of fruit with PB on it? Just trying to help you think of more things to try.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I'm glad that worked!