Monday, August 10, 2020

Natl Spoil Your Dog Day



SO, TODAY is National Spoil Your Dog Day...
to spoil me, my Mama moved my dog bed from between the two chairs and put a silly portable AC unit that looks like R2D2 and sounds like a Semi Truck in its place.
I do not feel spoiled.. I feel like I was evicted. 
She did put the bed in the walk in closet, and I did try it out, but i want it where it goes.
I don't like the doors shut either, I want the house OPEN like it was before the centrac AC unit died Dead and they can't find one to replace it.
See the below photo?

the tiny window unit is TRYING to cool the living/kitchen area
and the portable thing is making the bedroom Icy.
I don't like Icy. I like cool, I don't like HOT either, I like warm. Mama Agrees!
She says this is for a few days but it has already been four days 
See how disgusted I am?
But Wait! I guess I am spoiled
Last night we were shut up with door closed in the icy cold room, I went to the side of the bed and whined really loud. 

Right in Mamas face, she woke up and Mama said what's wrong Big?

I said DON"T YOU HEAR THE THUNDER? DON"T YOU SEE THE FLASHES?

Well Big, No I can't  see them because I put card board boxes over the windows to keep out the Florida sun!  click HERE for that story on Mama's blog

She told me OK get on the bed. I did! I got down and went to the door! She opened the door.

We went in the REALLY HOT part of the house. the thunder was louder. I went back to the Icy room door, She opened it.
We did this 3 times.
She patiently opened and shut doors, held me close, talked to me until 45 minutes later, the storm left and we all slept in the icy room.
DADDY DID NOT EVEN KNOW IT STORMED OR THAT WE GOT UP OR THAT I GOT ON THE BED.
Yep! Mama and Daddy do spoil me.. 
She says NOT ALL dogs get spoiled, like cooking ground chicken for me, and making me a poached egg for breakfast every day.
Do you spoil your dog?

16 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Mommy is the best mommy EVER! Yes, our simba is pretty much spoiled, too!

easyweimaraner said...

that is a super idea!!! and we hope r2d2 will help you to come through that hot days...

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
BB - I have no doubt at all that you are spoiled - but not in a rotten way!!! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

eileeninmd said...

Hello BB,

It feels good to be spoiled. Your Mama loves you! I hope those AC problems are fixed soon. HUGS!!

Ann said...

Gibbs says no, he is not spoiled and he demands better treatment.

Rose said...

No, BB, as much as I loved my dogs. They were not spoiled in all the ways you are. However, one of them slept with us every night for years, and one of our last ones used to akwayscget on he bed with me soon as Roger left for work. I also slept in the couch when the wind howled...she did not like that.

Martha said...

You deserve to be spoiled :)

My Mind's Eye said...

Mother Nature might need a chill pill BB she just keeps on acting like a bitty and giving us crazy weather.
Hugs cecilai

Brian's Home Blog said...

Those storms can sure be scary sometimes. Purrs and Power of the Paw to you BB, we sure hope you feel better soon.

Sandee said...

Our Little Bit was spoiled and we enjoyed every minute of is. She didn't like thunder either and we did the same kinds of things with her when storms went through. Your mom loves you bunches.

Have a woof woof day and week. My best to your mom. ♥

Chatty Crone said...

Glad you are so spoiled!

Mevely317 said...

Oh, Big! This warms the cockles of my heart! I'm so sorry you didn't understand why your bed had to be moved, but please believe momma when she says it's just a temporary thing. Whether warm or icy, there's no place like home!

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

Mama says every day around here is Spoil Your Dog Day BOL!

My Tata's Cottage said...

Aw... your a sweetheart! It is good to be spoiled. What is life anyway without a good friend with four paws at your side? Happy National Day for Darling Canines. Keep on spoiling. I live with two tiny thieves mom and daughter, steal everything they can eat. Oh they are naughty. But do I did mad, nope, I give them extra treats cause they are so little. HaHa
I love all your photos here too, I Know how much you love all the precious pets. Have a great week. HUGS across the miles. xo

ZOOLATRY said...

Whatever BIG dog wants,
BIG dog gets.
Just the way it should be!

World of Animals, Inc said...

We have such a fun time this week when celebrating National Spoil Your Dog Day. All the furbabies that came in that day got some delicious treats and extra cuddles from us. Thanks for the share. Have a pawsome rest of your day.
World of Animals