Sunday, December 1, 2019

Big Dog, Short Story


Mom removed the sheets from their bed.
OH NO! she screamed said quietly: Bob, the mattress cover is covered in BLOOD! ( daddy takes blood thinners and went to bed after scraping his shin on the ottoman, stepping over it to get around ME) and now I have to wash the mattress pad.
She threw the sheets by the door into the garage and dragged the heavy mattress pad out to the washer, muttering things I can't repeat... 
something about Band-Aids and asking for help before going to bed bloody... etc etc...I think I heard the word avoided, what ever that is.
Anyhoo! I took a nap on the sheets while my ball waited to be tossed.
I think dirty sheets enhances my black furs. Besides they smelled just like Mommy and Daddy.
PS...Mom says the photos are blurred due to 5 AM light of which there was none.



13 comments:

Ella said...

Hello beauty! Long time no see!
Can I call you, "Mr in red"? ✨

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
Big - that colour is gawjuss against your delicious furs!!! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

eileeninmd said...

BB, you look so comfy laying on those sheets.

Cute photos, enjoy your day!

Mevely317 said...

What a handsome sight you make, Big! Isn't it amazing, the effect of blood thinners (even aspirin). I accidentally scratched my ear last week and freaked out when I went to make the bed and spotted all the blood on my pillowcase.

PS - I'm sorry your mom had to face that first thing in the morning, but the way she relates it is sure entertaining!

Chatty Crone said...

Sorry your mom had all that work - but you are beautiful in red.

My Mind's Eye said...

Yikes...wonder if they make red mattress covers?
BB red is your color
Hugs cecilia

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

Hey, BB, black and red are POWER colours! We love to sleep on the sheets when the bed is being changed....although it's not for long.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Black B.B. and red sheets are perfectly beautiful!! Oh, that look he is giving you! I guess Bob did not know how bad he was bleeding? Or maybe he thought it would stop faster than it did.

Ann said...

Sorry to hear your mom had to do all that extra work and make you wait for your ball to be thrown. At least you had those nice red sheets to nap on while you waited

Linda said...

BB with the red sheet you better be
careful your ma will be making you a Santa outfit.
or reindeer ears.
Hope your dads leg will be ok asap.

♥ Astro and Mitzie

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

We also think dirty sheets are much better(and more comfy) than clean sheets!
xoxo,
Rosy, Jakey & Arty

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Well you definitely look comfortable!

Rose said...

Oh, my, he looks handsome in red.