Friday, August 16, 2019

Did I Eat That? Am I to FAT?


Mom says Diet, stands for Did I eat That? Do I look Fat?  They took me to the vet today. I stepped right up on that scale and MOM said Really Loud,. SEVENTY FIVE?  are these scales right?

There were a few moments while we waited that I heard her say I TOLD YOU he gained weight...Then we went in the little room and

 I was EXCELLENT! except for a moment when I spied the HOUSE CAT (they shut the door and all was well)... but other than that, I Sat and Stayed and Let all the girls Kiss me.

One took one end and one the other end and they lifted all 75 pounds up on the table and  One held my head really tight against her face, she was LOVIN on me, but the other one said Ok big Boy, lets get some blood. WHAT? no one said blood letting was included.

She stuck that needle in my Throat and got two gallons of blood. (really two tubes) but who is counting.
The reason for the needle is Mom said to the Vet. How much did he weight last time ? the vet said he is up TEN Pounds! Yowsa may have come out of her mouth. Then she said but he isn't fat, is he? I knew he was bigger because his collar/harness was a little tighter but Daddy who knows ALL said it was not.
During the discussion, the vet said lets do a routine lab work up and test his thyroid. Then we will know if he has a problem or if you are feeding him to much.... Mom said do it even though she knew it would COST $$$$. She knew daddy could not hear what they were saying, so she said Yes! we have to wait until next week for results.
There was a long discussion of what I eat, and what I should and how much and yada yada blah blah blah. I think I heard remove the Milk Bones, but mama had her hands over my ears... I may have heard not to many carrots, they have sugar, use green beans.

Vet said as long as we can feel my ribs, I am OK but losing about 5 pounds would make me feel better. He said to tell if there is a weight problem on MY BREED of dog we need to Look for a BUTT DIMPLE and shake the shoulder muscles.  Now go back up to the collage and find the BUTT dimple and the ROLL around my shoulders. MY breed puts weight on in those two places and I have WARNING signs to cut back on the food.   I may die from malnutrition...THEY are in charge of my food.
PEE ESSS.. I probably weigh less because they trimmed my nails. I was so good mama was shocked.
Pee S Two... I loved them shaking my shoulders and rubbing my butt dimple...

I am not Happy! I am on  a DIET! Really!

11 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Oh no, not the V.E.T.?!! Sounds like you didn't mind it too much tho', BB so that's good. You know that it is because you are loved and your peeps want to take the best care of you that you had to suffer that indignity. I wish I could reach through and shake your shoulders and rub that butt dimple... Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

We don't think you look fat at all BB!!!
xoxo,
Rosy, Jakey & Arty

My Mind's Eye said...

D
I
E
T
and
T
O
P
S
You and your Mom are quite the alphabet team.
You look quite trim to me but best to lose a few if need be before the creep up on you
Hugs cecilia

eileeninmd said...

OH no, 10 pounds. Time to cut out those biscuits and take more walks.
But, you do not look fat. HUGS! Have a happy day!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Oh MY! One of the most fun parts of having a pet is feeding them TREATS!! I hope he LOVES green beans! And then there is his egg...pure protein. Did I Eat That...too funny. If it IS his thyroid, then you can take him off the diet because meds will fix it all. Let me know the blood test results. What a GOOD boy!!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Nobody likes the word "Diet!" You can do it BB and let's pray that your thyroid is fine.

Mevely317 said...

You are NOT fat, BB. And for the record, I love dimples.
Wow, momma. I'd have been a nervous wreck watching him being lifted by those girls. Such a gentleman.
I never heard of dogs having thyroid issues, but suppose anything's possible. Praying for good results!

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

Diet is one of those four-letter words. We've been getting a reduction in treats, just because Dui was 1 kg heavier than last year....drats.

Ann said...

That doesn't seem quite fair that you were so well behaved in the vets office and he says you have to give up eating so much.

lexitheschnauzer said...

Tell your mom you want lots of steamed greens, BB. Xox Lucy and Xena

Hailey and Zaphod and their Lady said...

We never go on the table at the vet, we just get all our stuff on the floor. We are not sure what will be worse, a diet or a daily pill if it is a throws issue. Whatever it is, we hope you are healthy and feeling your best.