Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Angel Jake from Archives







Baby and Jake, sharing a Big Stick... Saturday AM I wiped the glass table, no splashes on it, the door had no nose prints, there were no paw prints in my pile of sand I swept up. Big is so good he sleeps while we clean the house. I headed to the bathroom and picked up the Elephant Doorstop and burst into tears.
Bob gave me the What NOW? look.... through my tears I told him Jake walked in my dirt pile, and beat me with his tale, and made nose prints as I wiped off old ones, he always knocked over the elephant door stop. 
I LOVE BIG Boy butt...
I miss Jake! and Baby!


9 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Awww. Well, they were your babies for so LONG! And though Big is so good, and you love him so much, it is just different. Jake is at that stick like me with ice-cream.

Ann said...

Aww. Sweet Jake. It's funny how certain things will bring back memories of our fur babies who have passed. I know how it can be too. Even though you love BB, Jake still has a special place in your heart that only he could fill.

Yamini MacLean said...

hari OM
I know that feeling. The tears do fade, but the heart will still thump harder in those flashback moments... and eventually, BB will earn his place in that lineup. YAM xx

Mevely317 said...

Yes, that exquisite awful heartache. No matter how much time passes there's bound to be triggers. Reminds me of a book title I read years ago, "Tears are for the Living." {{{HUGS}}}

Chatty Crone said...

Of course you do - they have made permanent paw prints on your heart. How could you not.

Love how you said Bob looked up and thought What Now! Totally get that.

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

Sometimes those memories just sneak up on you...

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

I totally understand...Sometimes I'll be doing photo shoots with Rosy using a prop I used with Dory...and there go the waterworks..Now, at least I can finally smile through the tears.

lexitheschnauzer said...

I so get it. Wish I didn't. :( I'm crying with you. Amy

Just Mags said...

Great captures of those two sweeties.