Sunday, December 16, 2018

Severe Thunderstorm Warnings


As I slept in the sunshine I had NO IDEA the first thunderstorm since I moved in with Mommy and Daddy, would soon be here.

Friday was beautiful, the phone rang at 5 pm and said in a really loud voice..

 This is the national weather service, your area is under severe thunderstorm warning until 10 pm... Mommy said, oh my, I wonder how Big Boy does in thunderstorms. You watch, she said to daddy, it will come right at bedtime. he he he

They went to bed at 8.... at 5 minutes past 8, BOOM booma booma booma. I shot straight up off my bed and started to pace and WHIMPER really Loud.

It seems daddy takes hearing aids out of his ear and had no idea what was going on, We ended up on the sofa, Mommy and Me. She hugged and petted and talked to me, and the storm lasted to after 10 pm.   The good news is she got to watch a Christmas movie while I whined and whimpered. So why was she fussing telling Daddy he slept through the whole thing... PLUS I heard her say many times We Need Rain. Well, now she has it, 3 inches of it along with the fireworks. And now she knows what I do in thunderstorms.


13 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Was he really scared? But you are the best mommy ever, you must have been a huge comfort to him. It has rained here for two days.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

BB, you have a wonderful mommy that will comfort you during the thunderstorms.
we do not have the thunder but we are having rain for 2 days now.

Enjoy your day!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
BB, I never needed a weather service to tell me a storm was coming... angel Jade was alert to it half a day ahead. She was not a fan of the boomies either! hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Well that was a nice time for you and mommy to bond. Sorry that the thunderstorm scared you but your not alone in your feelings.

My Mind's Eye said...

BB I'm with you I don't like Tstorms either. You are such a good boy to snuggle with your mom!!!
Hugs Cecilia

My Mind's Eye said...

LOL just saw your 'toy' that Mom loves...psychedelic for sure. I thought you were gonna try to eat it.
Hugs C

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

That was quite a storm!

Ann said...

Thunderstorms can be scary. Glad your mom stayed with you the whole time

Mevely317 said...

Oh, you poor thing! I'm so glad you've such a sweet momma! Even Big Brave Black Boys are allowed to be vulnerable now and then.

KB said...

I am happy that your mom can comfort you, BB. Those boomers are loud!

Just Mags said...

So sorry you had those loud boomers at your place sweet Big Boy...we had them here too. Chancy and I do the same as you and your mama did when the boomers come. Your mama will always comfort you in any way she can...we know that. Hugs and nose kisses

Ruby said...

You have one pawsome MOms there BB! We don't gets many here, butts when we do, I bark and tells them to go away! It usually works, so Ma thinks I'm magic! BOL!
You stay snuggled with your Moms BB, and everythings will be okays! Oh, and my Gpa wears those ear thingies too, and he can sleeps through anythings too.
Kisses,
Ruby ♥

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

Oh BB, we are sorry you were scared! Our Jakey used to be petrified of boomers...but now his hearing is going, he isn't quite as bad!

Thank goodness you had your Mama to snuggle with!
xoxo,
Rosy, Jakey & Arty